The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Dark Elf Models and Rumors!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ir0nSide
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: New Dark Elf Models and Rumors! Reply with quote

Enjoy!

============================================
From Warseer:
Incidentally have we heard anything reliable about having no zero level spell? As far as I can tell people seem to have decided that because it's in the demons rulebook it can't be in for Dark Elves while at the same time, ironically, using the fact that reckless is in the High Elves book as an argument in it's favour. Which is a bit inconsistant.

I don't see any reason why it couldn't still be on the table as a potentail rule.
I also happen to think it's pretty cool. In a list with 2 level 2's and a level 4 you can cast 7 power dice worth of spells (try to draw out dispells) then (potentially) cast the 0-spell 3 times (on a 3+ thanks the the +1 to cast rule) and have all your wizards back up to 4 dice.
The last rumour we heard about the 0-level spell was that any power dice not used that are generated from the that spell cause a S5 hit on your sorceress. In which case it's a damn good thing that they can cast above their dice limit.

Ok, so - Summary of what we know so far regarding Dark Elf Magic in the new edition.

Reckless is likey not in there. - The only person who's seen the play test rules that we know of says he hasn't seen it and doesn't know any play tester that has. Looks like it was wish listing.

+1 to casting rolls is likely still in - again thanks to Lord Aries for information on this.

Dark Elf wizards have no limit on the number of dice they can use on a casting roll - This one has been around for ages and is pretty concrete by my reckoning. (I will almost certianly attempt to cast a spell on 8 or 9 dice in my first game. Just for laughs.)

There is a possible 0-level spell similar to the boon of tzeentch.It will grant bonus powerdice but causes hits/wounds for unused bonus powerdice at the end of the phase. - Unsure about this rumour seems likely to me but then Lord Aries has said no. He also said he wasn't paying to much attention to magic. Anyone know anything solid? This rumour appeared along with the rumours about Repeater Hand Crossbows for corsairs and they turned out to be true.

There is a magic item that allows sorceresses to sacrifice either models in the same unit or her own wounds for bonus power dice. - Again this has been around for ages (and was in the same rumours that told us about repeater hand bows for corsairs) - I consider this one confirmed.

Dominion is likely gone to be replaced with some kind of spell that grant frenzy. - Haven't heard about this one in a while.

Soul Theif can now target any single model and causes a wound with no save which is transferred to the sorceress. It likely has a limit of twice her starting wounds. - Another old rumour which has gone unconfirmed for a while now. Seems reasonable though.

Black horror to gain increased range. - Meh. Probably true. No big deal though.

Chillwind to gain +1S. - Probably true - thanks to Lord Aries again.

Two casting values for Doombolt.

Right this is the situation as it stands now. What do we think?

It seems like alot of the rumours from the rumour roundup thread are coming true so that's probably a good basis for further discussion because I'm nice I've transcribed most of them here.
============================================
Burrfoot812
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET Cosiars with bows.
2000 Dark elves.
Lord_of_End_Times
Pestigorka

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL YEAH more shooting with the black legion. One Love
-Gorka
WARMACHINE/HORDES armies
Legion of Everblight-500+/\Khador-1500
Malifaux: Arcanists
EX-ILLIS!
Burrfoot812
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I look at the cosairs I begining to like them more.
2000 Dark elves.
Lord_of_End_Times
Pestigorka

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, but I have always loved them. One Love
-Gorka
WARMACHINE/HORDES armies
Legion of Everblight-500+/\Khador-1500
Malifaux: Arcanists
EX-ILLIS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Fantasy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: