The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(9/19/08) #2 - NECRO GARDNA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: (9/19/08) #2 - NECRO GARDNA Reply with quote

NECRO GARDNA

EFFECT MONSTER (Warrior / DARK / Level 3 / 600 ATK / 1300 DEF)

TEXT: "Remove from play this card in your Graveyard to negate 1 attack from a monster your opponent controls."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

I never thought this card would honestly amount to very much. I pulled several, and traded them off as jank. Now I wish I had a couple. Necro Gardna just didn't seem all that thrilling to me when he came out. Serving as both a monster, and a single attack negator, was nice...but didn't appear to be any great prize. My glance at him was obviously too quick, for it was rather obvious how good he really was.

Necro Gardna is searchable with Reinforcement of the Army, Mystic Tomato, Dark Freed, etc... He's perfect for Cruch Card Virus, if your lucky enough to have one. His remove from play to negate an attack effect does not care how he got to the Graveyard in the first place, whether from the field, milled, or from the hand. He can be used for Allure of Darkness. He can be dumped with Armageddon Knight. He's a Dark in the Graveyard for Dark Armed Dragon. He can be Special Summoned with Escape from the Dark Dimension after being Removed From Play, and then his effect of negating an attack can possibly be used again if you tribute him off or something. In a deck such as Lightsworn, the swarm usually happens pretty quick like. A single Necro Gardna in the Graveyard can help keep your LP up long enough to get the swarm out, and can also keep up LP for Judgment Dragons effect cost. He's also an ideal discard for Monster Reincarnation, which are in most Lightsworn decks to get a milled Judgment Dragon back in hand.

Man...how didn't I see all of this?? LOL. Anyway, he's proved to be a solid addition to the right deck, with the right cards. Also, keep in mind that his effect of being RFP to negate an attack can not happen during the Damage Step.

Certain Decks - 8.5-9/10

Warrior Deck - 7-8/10

Art - 2/10 (very basic art, and floating in mid air (?)...equals crappy art rating)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there is a new ruling that lets you remove him any time to negate the attack of the first monster of the battle phase. Really helps if it might get removed.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necro Gardna Ruling wrote:
You can activate "Necro Gardna's" effect before your opponent declares any attacks. If you do, the first attack your opponent makes will be negated.

I don't know the specifics of the incident that happened at the World Championship, but the way I see it...

Opponent has Wulf, Wulf, Lumina, and Judgment Dragon on their side of the field. Before they declare an attack, I state to them that I'm going to RFP Necro Gardna (to negate their first attack).

Gee...wonder what they will attack with first. LOL.

Waiting until they declare an attack with a specific monster, and then RFP Necro Gardna to negate that monsters attack, is the way to go...unless you have a situation like this:

Opponent activates D.D. Crows effect, to RFP Necro Gardna. You then can chain Necro Gardna to at least stop the first attack of your opponents monster(s).

And again...
Necro Gardna Ruling wrote:
This card's effect can be activated at any time during the Battle Step, including when an attack is declared, but not in the Damage Step. This effect is a Quick Effect.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when this card was good. Anyone else? Back in DAD 1.0 and that era, then in the beginnings of lightsworn.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's still good in lightsworn and its teched in tele-DAD.
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id give the art a two, the design of this monster, is pretty awesome,All the colors just go with each other.
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curse you making me say two, I still say 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: