The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(9/26/08) #4 - DESTINY HERO - DOOM LORD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: (9/26/08) #4 - DESTINY HERO - DOOM LORD Reply with quote

DESTINY HERO - DOOM LORD

EFFECT MONSTER (Warrior / DARK / Level 3 / 800 ATK / 600 DEF)

TEXT: "Once per turn, if this card is in face-up Attack Position, you can remove from play 1 monster your opponent controls. If you use this effect, you cannot declare an attack this turn, and the removed monster will be returned to the opponent's side of the field in the same battle position during your second Standby Phase after activation."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

With Disk Commander gone (*sniffle*...wipe's tears from eyes...), people began looking for other alternatives to use with Stratos and Destiny Draw. Malicious was a given, beings he went up to 3 again...but what else to use...hmmm...how about this Doom Lord character??!! Hey, that's a fine choice. He work's perfectly with Stratos and D. Draw, and if your running Dark, he's even better. AND, If your lucky enough to have a Crush Card Virus, then he's even that much better-er. Sangan friendly...Tomato friendly...Allure friendly...Limit Reverse friendly...DAD friendly. I think his real name is Mr. Rogers.

His attack amount is jank outside of Crush Card use, but his effect of removing a threat, even for a couple turns, is rather nice. It can maybe help bide time to draw a Mirror Force or something. And, for those who care, if your Standby Phase is skipped when an opponents monster is due to come back to the field (by like Solomon's Lawbook), then the monster remains removed from play.

So yeah, if your running select cards that will work well with him, then give him a shot.

Dark Deck - 8-9/10 (With the goodies I mentioned above)

Hero Deck - 7.5-8.5/10

Art - 6/10 (one of the few monsters that looks kinda' cool floating/standing in mid-air)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is very good this format. I would always maindeck this if I had a teledad deck.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie - Teledad for sure, but still great in a Dark with the cards I mentioned. I have one mained...and I don't have Dad's or Teleports (which would explain why I get poned...lol)
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without that stuff. General Dark decks can prove to be a rough decktype.

Just like Gadgets without Dyna. Gadgets are still playable. Dark Decks without DAD and Teleport can still be playable as well.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playable =/= Competitive.

I love that you used the world jank! Off topic, I'm getting people here to use jank, it's amazing.

I actually like this card because it promotes strategy, you have a few turn to win... Do It!

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even without that stuff. General Dark decks can prove to be a rough decktype.

Yes...a basic Dark deck could very well hold it's own against any deck, as could an Oppression/Gadget w/o Fossil Dino...as could a Lightsworn Deck w/o Judgment Dragon and Charge of the Light Brigade...but god knows there is definitely more synergy/consistency with those beefy cards in those decks.
Quote:

Playable =/= Competitive.

I love that you used the world jank! Off topic, I'm getting people here to use jank, it's amazing.

I actually like this card because it promotes strategy, you have a few turn to win... Do It!

"Jank" is truly an underrated word, for it has definitive strength and character. Glad somebody else can appreciate it like I do.

Yes you do have to think when using this card, and it could be most lucrative if you can get a clear shot at opponents LP within the next couple turns. What I really like is that it doesn't care what position your opponents monster is in when you remove it from play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: