The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(10/1/08) #5 - VOLTIC KONG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: (10/1/08) #5 - VOLTIC KONG Reply with quote

VOLTIC KONG

EFFECT MONSTER (Beast / LIGHT / Level 4 / 1800 ATK / 1000 DEF)

TEXT: "When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard for each face-up LIGHT monster you control."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

To get the most benefit from this monsters effect, he belongs in a Light deck. But, is his effect even that beneficial to begin with? Let's take a lookey-see...

If your opponent takes Battle Damage from Voltic, a card get's sent from your opponents deck to their Graveyard. So, that would be 1 card for himself, and 1 card for any other Light monster on your side of the field.
Well, I see yanking a card from your opponent's hand as being beefy...not making them mill. Look at Zaloog for instance. Which effect of his was used almost always? Yup, yanking a card. The "send 2 cards" effect was only usually used if your opponent had no hand, or, as a last resort. That is because it was not really considered to be an advantageous effect.

Recently, we've seen mill mongers being ran, like Card Trooper, Reasoning, Magical Merchant, etc... because people don't really mind milling. Heck, there are actually a lot of cards worth having in the Graveyard from most decks. In fact, some decks live for it (Gee, anything come to mind?!). Yes, when I see an opponent mill a Monster Reborn, or Heavy Storm, I'm living large...but does it really hurt an opponent to any great extent? Nah.

Voltic's effect is not the worst out there, but it's nothing to write home about either. I can't see anybody attempting to squeeze him into a Light deck...and I can't see anybody attempting to squeeze him into a Beast Deck. I can, however, see somebody working him into a deck-out type deck (although they are a scarce deck-type, especially since Lightsworn). Voltic isn't searchable...you must inflict damage to even get his effect off... Dang, about all I see good in him is that 1800 ATK, which is decent for a Level 4 monster. He could possibly be a good side card if your running a Lightsworn deck, and your facing a mirror match. You could easily get 3-5 cards sent from their deck to Graveyard. You chance hitting their Wulf's, which is beat, but you also run a good chance of helping them to deck-out.

Unless I'm missing some secret combo with him or something, I'm afraid he's going to go the way of other CP ultra's, like Magician's Unite and Gernia. Rather useless.

Light Deck - 2.5/10

Beast Deck - 2/10 (maybe if you run 3 of this, and 3 Ryko's...there are really no Light Beast monsters available that are worth a crap)

Art - 3.5/10

Last edited by HARV35TER on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick better cards, you crazy old man!

Yeah.. card's jank.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad card is bad.

Good for Lightsworn Deckout for the lol'd though.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pick better cards, you crazy old man!

Yeah.. card's jank.

Confucius say; "Card reviews are like marriage...you must take the bad and the good, for you can not truly appreciate the good, without understanding and accepting the bad".

LOL.

Yeah guys...this is crapola.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: