The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(11/14/08) #17 - BATTERYMAN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: (11/14/08) #17 - BATTERYMAN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH Reply with quote

BATTERYMAN INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH

EFFECT MONSTER (Thunder / LIGHT/ Level 8 / 2600 ATK / 0 DEF)

TEXT: "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 2 "Batteryman" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Thunder-Type monster from your Graveyard to destroy 1 monster and 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field."

HARV'S REVIEW

A rather easily Special Summoned monster in it's deck type, with a decent ATK of 2600 (2800-3000 would have been nicer), and a great effect. But, there are catches to running him.

He primarily contradicts some "key" Batteryman cards, namely Portable Battery Pack and Battery Charger. Your removing Batterymen from play to Special Summon him, and to use his effect...and it's hard to Special Summon other Batterymen with cards like PBP and BC if there are none in the Graveyard to Special Summon.

Next, his destruction effect is specific. You must destroy 1 monster and 1 S/T on the field. Sometimes, you just won't have the proper targets, or you may have to nuke your own card to say destroy their monster and attempt a hit at opponents LP.

Batterman Industrial Strength is truly a "Catch 22"... Battermen need all the help they can get. Overall, Industrial strength is beefy, and you want to run him. Yet, he really don't work properly in a Batterman deck with all his removal.

Hmmm...what to do... Well, you could keep him out of the deck type, or, if you run him, you could maybe use cards that can get your Batterymen that were removed by his effect back into your Graveyard or to the field. Maybe something like Burial from a Different Dimension or Return from the Different Dimension. I'm not sure how well those options would work, but I would think that even a single copy of Batteryman Industrial Strength is worth having in a Batteryman deck.

Batterman Deck - 8.5/10

Art - 6/10 (I wonder if he carries a spare tire...)

CHARLIE'S REVIEW

Today we have a Batteryman card. I personally love Batterymen. They are known for having staggering OTK potential, and having good beatsticks, at the steep cost of consistency, which is why they do not see play. He is a light monster so Honest works well with him. Batteryman Industrial Strength is basically the Batteryman boss monster. It is a huge hitter at 2600 attack, which outclasses Stardust Dragon, Jinzo, and Monarchs, which is great. Its defense is terrible at 0, virtually anything can beat him while he is in defense, so Book of Moon and Enemy Controller really hurts him. He is a light monster so Honest works well with him. He is a special summon which is good, you must remove two Batteryman monster's to get him out which conflicts with Battery Charger, Quick Charger, and Portable Batterypack, which leads to terrible draws. His effect is incredible by removing a thunder type monster you can blow up not 1 but 2 cards. That is amazing simply put. However to use his effect there must be a monster and a spell or trap, if there is only a monster you cant use his effect and vice versa. This card is a level 8 so it can be used with Trade In, which adds alot of consistency and speed to Batteryman decks. I personally think removing from play your Batteryman really hurts this cards playability, but there is good and bad in everything. You can even use Return From The Different Dimension to set up a OTK. Overall if your running Batterymen, your supposed to be running this. It is easily the best Batteryman monster, and the best reason to run this decktype.

Batteryman Deck - 8/10 It would be so much better if it had better Defense and if it didn't conflict with what Batterymen want to do.

Any other deck - 1/10 It just doesn't fit.

Art - 8/10 It looks very big, strong, and angry.

Last edited by HARV35TER on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my review for this today. I love this card.

Also I caught a mistake on your review.

You said...

"Batterman Deck - 8.5/19"

It is supposed to be 8.5/10 silly goose.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha', and thanks.

...and yes, I think Industrial Strength kicks-a** too!
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup-Yup.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
Yup-Yup.

That is a really hot picture of DMG in your avatar by the way.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL. Thanky.

I would dump my wife for her in a heartbeat.

Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
LoL. Thanky.

I would dump my wife for her in a heartbeat.

Is your wife that bad to drop her for an anime person?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: