The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New WoD vs Old WoD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> World of Darkness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MystikMafiaBoss
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: New WoD vs Old WoD Reply with quote

How is everyone inclined as far as the two versions go?

My preference is Vampire: The Masquerade over anything...but I've played a wider variety of the new WoD games...Vampire, Changling, and Mage.

I'm most familiar with Vampire, so...I realize that they reduced the number of clans in an effort to reduce pidgeon-holing players into playing specific archtypes, but I think that really depends on the maturity of the audience. I've always been partial to the Gangrel, Malkavians, Lasombra, and Tzimisce.
Dracofav
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the new WoD is a bit more streamlined and is easier and more balanced for mixxed games.

I much prefer the storyline and history of the old Vampire over new Vampire.

New Changeling storyline is _awesome_ and much better than old Changeling.

I've played some old Werewolf but never got to read much of the storyline for it, the new storyline however is very cool and provides excellent possibilities for an engaging game.

I can't really speak about Mage, I have no past history with old Mage, and I'm not very keen on new Mage, I think for magic games I'd much rather play Ars Magica. Also the whole removal from Atlantis idea has been done plenty of times in other games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> World of Darkness All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: