The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(11/22/08) #20 - GORZ THE EMISSARY OF DARKNESS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: (11/22/08) #20 - GORZ THE EMISSARY OF DARKNESS Reply with quote

GORZ THE EMISSARY OF DARKNESS

EFFECT MONSTER (Fiend / DARK / Level 7 / 2700 ATK / 2500 DEF)

TEXT: "When you take damage from a card your opponent controls while you control no cards, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Then activate the appropriate effect, based on the type of damage:
●Battle Damage: Special Summon 1 "Emissary of Darkness Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 7/ATK ?/DEF ?). Its ATK and DEF are each equal to the amount of battle damage you took.
●Effect Damage: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of damage you took."

HARV'S REVIEW

The good thing about Gorz is that he works well with both of the major food groups...Battle Damage, and Effect Damage. If he was geared only towards Effect Damage, he'd be collecting dust next to the Pikeru's Circle of Enchantments in the trade binders. If just Battle Damage, he'd definitely be seeing play...but the fact he covers both types of damage makes him both a great deck card, and side deck card.

Let's look at each type of damage, and the benefit of each:

BATTLE DAMAGE: "Open" hits on your LP are going to happen. The game is all about clearing your opponents field in an attempt at getting to their LP. Take a serious field clearer like DAD, as a scenario; Your opponent gets DAD out, uses Dark's from their Graveyard to clear your field. They hit with DAD, you drop Gorz, and a token with a 2800 ATK (same as damage taken). Depending on how many Darks were used to clear your field, you could be looking either crappy, or great, at the end of their turn. Judgment Dragon would just be an all around bad scenario to drop Gorz into. But, there are a ton of great scenario's, like an opponent clearing and hitting with a Celestia, Mobius, Caius, etc...

EFFECT DAMAGE: Effect damage is minimal these days, but it's still out there. If an opponents burns you for like 500 LP, I'm sure it would still be worth it to drop Gorz, and burn them for 500 LP in return. A nicer scenario here would be if they cash in a Wave Motion for 4000 LP, eh? Gorz can be nice to have in the deck, or in the side deck, in case you come across burn.

So yes, Gorz is just an all-around crack-a-lackin' fellow. Works with this, works with that, blah, blah, blah...

Most Decks - 9-10/10

Side Deck Choice - 7-8/10

Art - 7/10 (Looks more like a warrior of darkness, rather than an emissary of anything)

CHARLIE'S REVIEW

Today we have the highly anticipated Gorz Emmisary of Darkness. He is a 7 Star which means no Trade In, he is a Dark monster which gives him alot of support, he is also a Fiend monster which gives him a little more support. He is absolutly huge with that 2700 attack, and 2500 defense. The only common things that see play that can take him by battle in attack and defense are boss monsters and Synchros.

Now we get the most important part of course, the effect that makes
everyone want to run him. When you take damege with nothing on your field you can special summon him, special summon a token if you take battle damege, or inflict damege to your opponent if you take effect damege. That effect is incredible. He comes out during the damege step so Royal Oppression, and Bottomless Trap Hole can't touch him which is a nice perk.

Most of the time you will be summoning the token, you won't really find effect damege that much nowadays. You can just pass your turn and you will be wide open for your Gorz to come out. Good players won't fall for that trick though unless they have a way to get rid of it. Lets say you don't like your hand, you can even bluff, make it look like you have Gorz by not playing anything, and just wait.

This card can be splashed into virtually anything, hold Burn decks, and decks based around contineous spell and trap cards. It can be an amazing late game top deck, or a viable opening play. You can't get much better than that, it can also win you games which is always nice. People run Solemns so Gorz and a Token can smash the rest of the damege for game possibly.

I personally love this card, it is so splashable. Gladiator Beast Murmillo, Gladiator Beast War Chariot, Divine Wrath,Trap Dustshoot, Mind Crush, and Goyo Guardian eats it for lunch though. From now on, be very careful when attacking a clear field.

When you get this card out, you should special summon it in defense along with the token. That way Shrink and if they try to take control of it with Enemy Controller is ineffective.

Overall this card is one of the best cards ever printed, no wonder why the Japanese thought this card was bad for the game.

Virtually any deck - 9-9.5/10 it is just so splashable and powerful.

Burn, or decks like Little City that depend on a lot of continuous spell and trap cards. 5-6/10

Art - 8/10 he doesn't look much like an Emissary of Darkness, but he still looks badass.

Last edited by HARV35TER on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pulled a Gorz out of Dark Legends? Very cool. You dodn't by chance pull a D. Draw, Il Blud, or Malicious...did ya'??
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Gorz in a trade. I have not received the packs yet.
vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
You pulled a Gorz out of Dark Legends? Very cool. You dodn't by chance pull a D. Draw, Il Blud, or Malicious...did ya'??

Gorz is a promo card that comes with the 2 packs of dark legends, it is not part of the set. Begley pulled a d-draw, I pulled a solemn, chester pulled garbage ( blue eyes ultimate and blue eyes, both supers) BTW, it is impossible to pull anything out of these packs. IL blud is in the crossroads of chaos special edition ( think herk) I have extras if you need them.

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. They have Gorz listed as a secret in the Dark Legends packs, on YGO TCG. Cool.

Yeah, I could def. use a Il Blud, a Gorz, etc...Haven't been able to do much trading or buying for a while now. My life sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: