The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iscariot- Bant Exalted Deck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iscariot
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Iscariot- Bant Exalted Deck Reply with quote

Bant Exalted

Creatures
Battlegrace Angel x2
Stoic Angel
Rhox War Monk x2
Rafiq of the Many
Knight of the White Orchid
Knight-Captain of Eos
Bant Battlemage
Sigiled Paladin
Jhessian Infiltrator
Steward of Valeron x4
Akrasan Squire x4
Guardians of Akrasa x2

Sorceries
Clarion Ultimatum
Kiss of the Amesha

Enchantments
Cradle of Vitality
Angelic Benediction
Oblivion Ring x4

Instants
Bant Charm x2
Hindering Light x2
Angelsong x3

Artifacts
Obelisk of Bant x4

Lands
Seaside Citadel x3
Bant Panorama x4
Island x3
Plains x9
Forest x3

Currently, I want to exchange:
Knight of the White Orchid x3
Angelic Benediction x3
Seaside Citadel x1
into my deck.

Suggestions welcome.
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your deck has too many one or two-ofs to have any kind of consistency, which is very important. You also have too many cards that don't really do anything...Angelsong, Clarion Ultimatum, Kiss of the Amesha, etc. Angelsong does nothing except cycle to draw a card, and for 2 mana you could play something that's better at drawing a card, like Mind Stone or Mulldrifter. Obviously Drifts doesn't cost 2 but he draws an extra card over Angelsong, and an extra two mana buys you a 2/2 flier. That's worth it.

You should cut the non-Oblivion Ring enchantments. You don't gain enough life to make either useful.

If you want to go with an Exalted deck, you probably don't want to be playing guys like Bant Battlemage, you'd rather have more Sigiled Paladins or whatever.

You're also a Blue deck with no Cryptic Commands. Something is wrong here, and I'm guessing it's a budget thing.

If I was to fix your list, it'd be to something like this, keeping budget in mind...

4x Seaside Citadel
3x Brushland
3x Adarkar Wastes
2x Yavimaya Coast
2x Wooded Bastion
2x Mystic Gate
6x Plains

4x Birds of Paradise(to be replaced with the new Exalted one in Conflux)
4x Akrasan Squire
4x Sigiled Paladin
4x Rhox War-Monk
4x Mulldrifter
3x Kitchen Finks
2x Rafiq
2x Battlegrace Angel

4x Oblivion Ring
3x Bant Charm
2x Negate
2x Loxodon Warhammer

SB:
4x Gaddock Teeg
3x Wilt-Leaf Liege
2x Primal Command
2x Negate
2x Condemn
1x Bant Charm
1x Kitchen Finks

SB is tuned somewhat to the usual metagame at the Geek(5cU control, Merfolk, tons of Red-based aggro, Faeries if I'm ever there)

You don't want to overextend into Firespout/Wrath, and Exalted rewards you for overextending, so you really need the Negates in those matchups. Liege comes in for against Blightning Red, along side Primal Command, Bant Charm, Condemn, and Finks.

Against 5cU you want to board in Negates, Bant Charm, and Gaddock Teeg.

Against Fae...who plays that deck anyway? You probably have a poor Fae matchup due to not having Cryptic Command and Treetop Village, I guess you board in Negate and Bant Charm.

GW Little Kid you want to bring in Bant Charm, Condemn, Primal Command, and maybe the Liege.

Good luck with it...

Demyx11590
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Your deck has too many one or two-ofs to have any kind of consistency, which is very important. You also have too many cards that don't really do anything...Angelsong, Clarion Ultimatum, Kiss of the Amesha, etc. Angelsong does nothing except cycle to draw a card, and for 2 mana you could play something that's better at drawing a card, like Mind Stone or Mulldrifter. Obviously Drifts doesn't cost 2 but he draws an extra card over Angelsong, and an extra two mana buys you a 2/2 flier. That's worth it.

You should cut the non-Oblivion Ring enchantments. You don't gain enough life to make either useful.

If you want to go with an Exalted deck, you probably don't want to be playing guys like Bant Battlemage, you'd rather have more Sigiled Paladins or whatever.

You're also a Blue deck with no Cryptic Commands. Something is wrong here, and I'm guessing it's a budget thing.

If I was to fix your list, it'd be to something like this, keeping budget in mind...

4x Seaside Citadel
3x Brushland
3x Adarkar Wastes
2x Yavimaya Coast
2x Wooded Bastion
2x Mystic Gate
6x Plains

4x Birds of Paradise(to be replaced with the new Exalted one in Conflux)
4x Akrasan Squire
4x Sigiled Paladin
4x Rhox War-Monk
4x Mulldrifter
3x Kitchen Finks
2x Rafiq
2x Battlegrace Angel

4x Oblivion Ring
3x Bant Charm
2x Negate
2x Loxodon Warhammer

SB:
4x Gaddock Teeg
3x Wilt-Leaf Liege
2x Primal Command
2x Negate
2x Condemn
1x Bant Charm
1x Kitchen Finks

SB is tuned somewhat to the usual metagame at the Geek(5cU control, Merfolk, tons of Red-based aggro, Faeries if I'm ever there)

You don't want to overextend into Firespout/Wrath, and Exalted rewards you for overextending, so you really need the Negates in those matchups. Liege comes in for against Blightning Red, along side Primal Command, Bant Charm, Condemn, and Finks.

Against 5cU you want to board in Negates, Bant Charm, and Gaddock Teeg.

Against Fae...who plays that deck anyway? You probably have a poor Fae matchup due to not having Cryptic Command and Treetop Village, I guess you board in Negate and Bant Charm.

GW Little Kid you want to bring in Bant Charm, Condemn, Primal Command, and maybe the Liege.

Good luck with it...

Nick you are a horrible deck designer and a terrible meta game formater lets be honest you say who plays faries when its more like who plays merfolk me and Blanchard are the only ones who play that deck lets try not being retarted next time and iscariot im gonna assume your will at the geek this is Dan don't listen to nick hes a dick im going to type a long list of stuff on the bant deck so just gimmie like a half hour and ill post it here.
Nick
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I meant "who plays Faeries" as it's going to be extremely uncommon for someone at the Geek to play against. I'm there at less than half of the events, and I don't even play the Fae every time. If you misinterpreted that, it's fine. Replace Faeries with Merfolk, it would be about the same boarding for the most part.

Anyway, I really don't like the aggro version of this deck, and Tim(Green/White Tim, not Flip) agrees. I've been testing this online(not MWS, and not with Tim, everyone I test with is at least 1800+ Constructed), and we liked the results for a meta without Fae, though the Fae matchup is arguably 50/50 or more in favour of the GWU Control deck, depending on how long a Rhox War Monk can race Bitterblossom for. Wrath isn't really needed MD, but it might be worth it for at the Geek.

// Lands
3 [SHM] Mystic Gate
3 [EVE] Flooded Grove
3 [SHM] Wooded Bastion
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
3 [10E] Yavimaya Coast
2 [10E] Brushland
2 [10E] Adarkar Wastes
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Stoic Angel
4 [ALA] Rhox War Monk
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
3 [LRW] Mulldrifter
2 [ALA] Battlegrace Angel
2 [LRW] Garruk Wildspeaker

// Spells
2 [ALA] Elspeth Knight-Errant
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
3 [ALA] Bant Charm
4 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
4 [LRW] Fertile Ground

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [MOR] Negate
SB: 2 [10E] Loxodon Warhammer
SB: 1 [ALA] Bant Charm
SB: 3 [SHM] Wilt-Leaf Liege
SB: 3 [LRW] Jace Beleren
SB: 4 [10E] Wrath of God

SB isn't tuned for the Geek, just in general.

I could see splashing Red for Firespout MD because your guys are so resilient to it, and it would be decent at the Geek(it's ok against Merfolk, ok against various aggro decks, ok against Fae, great against Tokens and sometimes Lark)

The best matchup is Blightning Red. You basically stall the board and get in with evasive guys while being able to deal with their bigger threats(Demigod mostly) by putting them on the bottom rather than the grave. g2 you bring in Hammer, Bant Charm, and Liege because if someone boards out Blightning against you they're stupid. They need every bit of CA they can get, and sometimes you just happen to have a Liege or two in your hand, which usually is unexpected.

5cU is ok. You just need to stick Rhox early and be able to stop Cruel Ultimatum. Resolving a Planeswalker usually wins the game. Board in Jace, Negate, Bant Charm.

Token aggro is also very easy as long as they don't have Grave Pact + Husk. Keeping a Stoic Angel on the board at all times usually wins the game regardless of the colour of the token deck(obviously BW tokens is better than Jund tokens, but for some reason everyone who plays tokens at the Geek decided to play Jund. There's a reason why all of the pros playing Tokens at Worlds decided to play BW over BRG, but clearly Everett didn't get the memo. BW Tokens is harder because they have more disruption and better threats.)

It seems like a solid choice for at the Geek provided Merfolk isn't so bad of a matchup. I honestly never tested it against Folk because I don't think Folk is as competitive as it was when TSP-CSP was in Standard. It would probably be a good idea for me to do so.

Iscariot
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do appreciate the time you decided to put into designing this deck, to actually build it would cost me over $200.00 to obtain those rare lands and spells, like Cryptic Command. I redid my deck last night and this is what I have now:

Creatures
Akrasan Squire x4
Bant Battlemage
Battlegrace Angel x2
Guardians of Akrasa x2
Jhessian Infiltrator
Knight-Captain of Eos x2
Knight of the White Orchid
Rafiq of the Many
Rhox War Monk x2
Sigiled Paladin x2
Steward of Valeron x4
Stoic Angel

Spells
Angelic Benediction x2
Bant Charm x2
Cradle of Vitality
Naturalize x2
Oblivion Ring x4

Artifacts
Obelisk of Bant x4
Sigil of Distinction

Lands
Seaside Citadel x4
Arcane Sanctum x2
Forest x3
Island x3
Plains x9
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new build at the moment

Creatures
Akrasan Squire x3
Battlegrace Angel x2
Knight of the White Orchid x2
Rafiq of the Many x3
Rhox War Monk x3
Sigiled Paladin x3
Steward of Valeron x3
Stoic Angel x1

Spells
Angelic Benediction x2
Bant Charm x4
Oblivion Ring x4
Sigil Blessing x2

Artifacts
Loxodon Warhammer
Obelisk of Bant x3
Sigil of Distinction x2

Land
Arcane Sanctum x3
Forest x3
Island x3
Jungle Shrine x1 (Planning to swap some of these in for plains)
Plains x8
Seaside Citadel x4

Creatures: 20
Non-Creatures: 18
Lands: 22

Opinions thus far?
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Will Reply with quote

Hey will, there is a new place that is going to start having tournaments right by the Gaming Geek. Well, 5 to 10 minutes away. Its in Bayville. It is called Conquest Comics. They are starting to have tournaments this friday. I will be going there. This first friday it will be a draft. If you will be going, let me know.
Iscariot
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been going to Play All Day the past few weeks. Dan and the others are there too. I'm still waiting on word of Bill hosting tournaments at that bagel place or whatnot.
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iscariot wrote:
I've been going to Play All Day the past few weeks. Dan and the others are there too. I'm still waiting on word of Bill hosting tournaments at that bagel place or whatnot.

Yeah hes going to be hosting tournaments there starting this friday at the comic book shop right by Oh what a bagel.

Back to on topic here is my list:
Main Deck: 60

Creatures: 18

4 Rhox War Monk
4 Stoic Angel
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Rafiq Of The Many
4 Mulldrifter

Sorcieries: 2

2 Wrath Of God

Instances: 11

3 Path To Exile
4 Cryptic Command
4 Bant Charm (Not a word Everet)

Enchantments: 3

3 Oblivion Ring

Plainswalkers: 4

2 Garruk Wildspeaker
2 Elspeth Knight Erant

Lands: 22

4 Treetop Village
4 Seaside Citadel
4 Reflecting Pool
2 Mystic Gate
2 Wodded Bastion
2 Flodded Grove
2 Forest
1 Island
1 Plains

Sideboard: 15

3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
2 Wrath Of God
1 Path To Exile
1 Oblivion Ring
2 Flashfreezes (again everet shut up)
2 Negate
2 Gaddock Teeg
2 Wall Of Reverence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Deck Builds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: