The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

York's Monday/Friday Eberron Campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmage
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah an lil' Beckers, great job with the extended history. It's really a step up. Both of you have given me a lot to work with. Lil' Beckers, you did a good job explaining and defending you character's history, it makes a lot more sense now.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized that my halfling should be decently recognized in Aundair, hated in Karrnath, and loved by many poeple who served in Aundair's military. Captain is a high rank and commands a good number of men. Add in that fact that what Wyrda commanded is one half of a company and you have a well known little sorcerer.

Just a comment if you want to run with it, like if we ever go to Karrnath and they find out who Wyrda is he needs to leave quickly or probably be killed.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
Gollum
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some decent armor on the way, hopefully I'll be a better damage sponge. The problem will really be that I can't improve my fighting with items unless they have that "wild" enhancement on them, which is quite annoying to come by. Because of this, I'll be personally pursuing a way to imbue my armor with one of those shards and get a fire or earth elemental into my armor. Fire gives me a sort of "fire thorns" ability, earth gets damage reduction. Both are pretty neat.

I wholly agree with getting some better ranged weapons. We have the one short bow which is pretty good for now, but I think the artificer needs to cook up some freaky ****.

Personal potions would be a good idea, as we can't distance heal until we have the cure mass spells, and even then it's still limited.

I think we can also stand to find a way to make the monk useful at distance, at least get him a bow or sling or something.
rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airship?
Airship??
Airship!!!

Definitely feeling it with some wands of magic missle and a some ballistae. With enchanted ammo. Exploding ammo.
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and using magic Ballistae from Heroes of Battle to take out everything.

And we can buzz Sharn!

rcn08
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raid the outposts and outskirts of the country that hates your sorcorer (sp). They already can't hate him much more. And if they start hating your party too, all the more reason for you and the group not to go there where you'd probably get killed once you were found out anyway.
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum wrote:
I think we can also stand to find a way to make the monk useful at distance, at least get him a bow or sling or something.

He's a Warforged, we can equip him with a "bow arm" so that he always has a crossbow on hand. But I think he wants to get a "Ki Blast" ranged attack. We could get him a +1 returning Javlin to chuck at people.

Just some ideas.

Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Do we still need to take the "Heroic Spirit" feat to qualify for the Heir of Siberys prestige class?

The reason that I ask is because the ruling was to drop action points since no one used them and even the DM forgot about them. But a feat that's only purpose is to expand the maximum number of action points is required for this class.

I want my halfling to be an heir but I don't want to take a stupid feat next level that will only hurt me for the rest of the game just to qualify for a prestige class that has nothing to do with the feat.

Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played Monday. Got jumped, fought, almost lost the bear, the druid took a beating, and we got screwed over by our enemy readying a wand of dispel magic.

So far on this adventure we have had these people nearly die:
Wyrda: 4 hp out of 34
Maien: 6 out of just over 40
Killroy (the bear): 14 out of like 60
Broken: went to about 20 out of something close to 70.
Teakettle: 32 (i think) out of 69.

In happy news for my halfling, the monster we are fighting now are capable of killing him in ONE BLOW.

Also: no game Friday, DM has to go home.

Gollum
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real problem lies with a lack of defensive magic items, armor, and TEAMWORK.

Seriously, when we get into combat with multiple people, we should be zerg rushing them and focusing all our attacks on a single unit until it falls. The focus should be on significant hits and not damage that's spread out amongst a dozen enemies.

Fairy needs to flank stuff for us
Bard needs to sing and also do some buff and ranged attacks
Monk needs to TUMBLE and flank stuff
Sorc landscapes to deal with other enemies while he stays right next to the Artificer and or the Bard to get healed
Artificer needs to have evocation and perhaps dispel, and make awesome weapons and armor. Maybe we should buy some other stuff just to have him absorb it
Druid needs to work with his bear, and either damage sponge and dive bomb stuff or summon a INTERCOURSE ton of help to instantly flank things
Cleric, buff the INTERCOURSE out of people and then either tank or ranged protection
Soul Knife needs to fulfill even more fighter roles, with his boots he needs to start flanking people like a mo fo

I think if we go from each dealing with one person to over whelming one at a time, we'll do better. Yeah it might suck at times, but I'd rather the Artificer, Bard, Cleric and Sorc work together a couple yards back in relative safety (Protection spells?) and have the fighters bully up on stuff. Even if we get surrounded, we need to move ourselves into this sort of formation, where the people who can take hits do and the people who can't are magicing the ever loving silver flame out of people.

Also, I read in the DMG, under epic rules for the Druid;
"The Druid may have a maximum number of animal companions equal to twice her character level, as NORMAL."

WTF? Can I get another animal companion? I think this is incorrect, but maybe I could get twice my class levels in HD of companions? Anyone know anything about this?
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we need more defense. But the bard and sorcerer don't have the defensive spells to help out that much. Bard rules NPC, not combat.

The other problem is narrow areas and when the Bard and Sorcerer hang out in the back they get jumped by some crazy stuff.

Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday we finished the contract for Zabok (don't know how to spell) and then we were paid, well. We also sold some more magical crap and bought some magical equivalent of fancy crap. The group then decided to go to the Glitterdust and check some stuff out about the lady who attacked us. The artificer may need to stay at the inn since he needs to use up his craft reserve before leveling.

TheDoctor
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper name is "Seebach". ...just so you know >.>

So yeah... Artificer got screwed big time with that sudden level up. Sonuva-- ...

I will definately be sitting out the Glitterdust excursion to do what Daniel Jackson does best: work alone on stuff no one could comprehend (--I mean make wands, weapons, and awesome).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree about what the artificer does!

Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had book keeping and shopping to do since we leveled and had gp to blow. We then had to question another of our dead assassins, found out a huge conspirator y mess against Seeback and if we disrupt it we will get paid 12000 gp each.

This payment will up our monetary values so that we finally reach the character wealth we'd been behind since level 6. Our DM miss read the table about character wealth and used the gain amount as our expected total.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: