The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

York College Eberron Campaign - Fall 09
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gollum
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: York College Eberron Campaign - Fall 09 Reply with quote

Greetings all!

I will be doing my best to run a 3.5 Eberron campaign at York College starting in the Fall semester. It's still in the early planning stages, but here what I have so far.

4-5 players
Low level - 1 or 2
Some war ravaged world/apocalyptic themes
Lots of RP

I would like to know who's interested and what kind of character's you'd want to play. Let me know!

-Gollum
TheDoctor
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm interested... not quite sure of the race/class that I'm picking yet (likely fighter/rogue) but I know the "character" I want to explore. Hard-skinned miner guy who ended up becoming a wandering fighter without any say.

Possibly human, possibly beatman I dunno... I'll concentrate on it more as the fall approaches (or when we start talking about group strategy)

As for the world you suggested Gollum, I like it. Let's go for it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was just brainstorming characters yesterday and I cam up with an amazing idea that I would love to run. Fighter/Swashbuckler/ Master Thrower.

The guy would be a Two Weapon Knife Fighter Who could throw daggers in a hailstorm of metal. As a bonus the daggers do damage from Insightful Strike and Weapon Specialization. Add Wounding for 1 pt Con damage and there is a crazy little Halfling (bonus to throw and bonus for small size).

If someone else wants the fighter role (Evan) then I'll go back to my other possible characters.

EDIT: Found something I could RP better, a halfling rogue with 3 levels of swashbuckler. Fun thing- hates fighting. Likes the preciseness to end battle quickly, but hates the blood and guts everywhere. More of a thief than a rogue - well since halflings are hobbits I suppose more of a burglar than a rogue.

If Becky wants to play a rogue I can take up the caster roll. Unless we want to play a group of face smashers (then I play the warforged).

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
TheDoctor
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I kept thinking this was the "No Magic" campaign. I'll reserve the fighter idea for that. I'll see what I can do with magicy sorts of stuff seeing as how our cleric epicly failed this past semester. Or maybe I'll tempt fate with a Bard like John.

(also, f**k my life my harddrive died)
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to join, but I'm still unsure of what kind of a character I would want to play. I'm tired of skill monkeys x.x
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, sorry to hear about the hard drive.

I guess I'll take the skill monkey roll, going rogue or ranger. Evan, I do not suggest a bard. They can be the most boring class ever in combat. Instead go barbarian and you get to bash doors down while my guy is trying to quietly pick a lock.

As for race, I will be playing (most likely) a halfling or a kobold. Most likely a halfling, but we never know.

Gollum: are we rolling score or using point buy? If we use point buy, how many points?

Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that would be fun to try to hopefully aid in the horror aspect- a group of the more skilled and more fragile characters. We can use classes such as the Rogue, Ranger, Ninja, Scout, Spellthief, Monk, and maybe the Beguiler. It would be interesting to see so many classes looking to take advantage of sneak attack and trying to keep from getting killed by low HP and AC.

We could have been a scout force for one of the countries during the war and were trying to remain unnoticed. I like the idea of a balanced party more than most people understand, but trying to run something with a horror scheme with a fighter or barbarian saying, "Let's go smash them!" doesn't add to the mood in my opinion.

"Sun shines, birds fly, grass grows, and brother, I hurt people."- Scout

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really had time to think about the rogue party idea and I would be willing to change my character if we decide to use that idea. However if we don't use that idea, I think I would like to play a druid/druid variant. Either way is fine with me.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I have it finally down to two choices, depending on who does what.

First option is a half-orc fighter who joined the war when it came to his town. He is unaware of other half orcs and grew up being hated. He learned to fight smart* in order to live and uses a chain to do this. His primary combat style is to trip his enemies and then beat the crap out of them as they try to stand.

*half-orc fighting smart bit of an issue with that -2 int penalty. So to be a tripper you need combat expertise which requires intelligence which half-orcs don't have.

Last edited by Razjah on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about my druid and I made a really cool build with the help of Erik. This is assuming that we don't go all rogue.

First level: totem druid. I get wildshape, but only on a very limited level. I can only pick animals from a small list and only ones that are of my hit die or below. I pick an animal and can only wildshape into that animal. Also, my animal companion has to be that animal.

Second level: Master of many forms. I can pick this if I play a human and pick up some extra stupid feats. With each level or so I can wildshape from a list of categorized animals (for example, at level 1 of this class I can wildshape into humanoids).

Sounds awesome. Perhaps too awesome. I know that a lot of druids can be overpowered and this might look like it at first, but it really isn't. My animal companion will be pretty much useless because my choices are so heavily limited. While I can pick a totem animal with a higher hit die than my character, I will be unable to transform into it or have the companion until my hit die gets high enough. But the worst set back? I get no druid spells. Ever.

Normally I wouldn't bother asking, but I figured since I'm doing a strange druid you would like to look it over before deciding if I can use it in the campaign or not. What do you think?
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollum can I lose the intelligence penalty so that I can play my character? I really don't want to play the big dumb fighter and don't want to have to ditch the race that I chose.

Half-orcs take a beating with two penalties to a single boots, dark vision, and nothing else. They get hated by just about everyone and simply want to be left alone. Now how the hell is that fair? Halflings get small size and a str penalty but they get a bonus to all saves, a save bonus against fear, and a bonus to throw stuff. Humans get no penalty, bonus skills and a bonus feat. Poor half-orcs, always got the man keeping them down.

TheDoctor
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yeah... after some bad ideas, I'm thinking heavily of going Spell Theif. Possibly half-elf or human.

tentative name: Mentok, the spell theif.

...and now i'll go trying to make a character based around this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know if anyone else is interested and what they would be playing? If anyone else is joining the game feel free to get them to join the site.

Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have been thinking. Becky's Master of Many Forms will become a far better combatant than my fighter could ever hope to become. So I was thinking that I would help out more by playing a caster instead. Specifially I was looking to become an Arcane Hierophant becoming a Druid/Wizard with spellcasting in both areas.

What do we think? If someone else was looking to play a caster then I will step down, but I would hate like hell for my Fighter to be useless compared to Becky's character.

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! Ooo! Be a wizard! A BAMF mind control wizard! It would be awesome.

Can you be a mind control wizard? Well if not, be one anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: