The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Games Out There?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Any Games Out There? Reply with quote

So, any good games out there? For D&D or hell, any other gaming system? I'd be willing to drive up to 30 minutes from Forked River for one.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Ajit! I thought you left or dropped off the radar. How have you been?

As for the games in NJ, I think Ocean County is the driest gaming place in the east coast. There are no nearby stores, and no one is gaming. If you wanted to make the trek down to Jester's Play House or up to The Game Room Store, either one of those places could be a little more helpful. I'm out in PA so my info is pretty limited. I haven't been in NJ for a month.

There is someone posting in the area on RPG Game Find, but it's the same day as you posted here... I think it's one in the same.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might also want to try, All Things Fun in Berlin. i am not sure if they do D&D but its worth a shot. also i dont know if Jesters is stil around or how long they will be for that matter. i have herd rumors that they are gonna close. but again, just rumors.
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll have to check those places out. I'm up for any type of RPG--doesn't have to be D&D. Just been missing it something wicked.

And yeah, I kinda disappeared for awhile, especially after the store closed. But I'm still around if people want to get together.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted K wrote:
also i dont know if Jesters is stil around or how long they will be for that matter. i have herd rumors that they are gonna close. but again, just rumors.

Yeah, the guy who owns Jester's wants to move to Philly. Like I said the whole area is a gaming dead zone.

Ashoka wrote:
And yeah, I kinda disappeared for awhile, especially after the store closed. But I'm still around if people want to get together.

I think I'll be back in Jersey around the end of Feb- beginning of March, I think. I may end up going to Pittsburgh for the week off from school.

Ajit, have you been in any games since The Geek closed? You could always try a play-by-post game on forums in different places. I don't know how well they work, but they are pretty common on different forums like Giant in the Playground, EN world, and a few others.
ChaunceyK
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
As for the games in NJ, I think Ocean County is the driest gaming place in the east coast.

Amen. I've come across probably 4 or 5 players local to the Toms River area over the last year, but no DMs.

I finally caved in back in September & joined Role Playing Society of Monmouth County. They play every Friday night in Long Branch. They have multiple games to choose from (4e, Warhammer, d20 Modern), but each specific campaign is only played once a month. For instance, I'm in 2 of their 4e games...the Week 2 Campaign & the Week 3 Campaign.

Its a great bunch of guys & gals there. I just wish I could play one local game twice a month rather than two distant games once a month.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has the seach been going?

Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, no luck. Anyone gaming? Anyone, anyone, anyone? In the general Forked River/Toms River area?

Razjah wrote:
How has the seach been going?
ChaunceyK
noob!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me & a couple others are starting a Hackmaster game in Toms River if you're interested. We plan to play every other Sunday.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, man. I work on Sundays. I would love to join a game for the summer. I miss playing every week like at college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: