The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

My names Jay and I live right in Forked River.

I use to play Magic back in high school with my friends and haven't played in awhile. I found this place in a flyer and was like wow. I'll probally start playing in September when I start working again. Fridays are perfect for me since I have Sat. and Sun. off. I'm huge Magic fan and really want to get into playing agai9n. I'm thinking of getting into D & D as well.

I hope I see some of you in September. I have to get back into playing it and get more cards. I'm really looking forwrd to joining all of you and hopefully in D & D one day as well.

I also love horror, tv, comic books, cartoons, music and video games.

Here's my Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/ilovethemisfits

So you can see all the stuff I like and what i'm into.

Take Care,
Jay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
porty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard, jay
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks porty.

I just have one or two question about Magic.

Are the rules still the same from about 5 years ago or have they changed a little? That's when I was a huge player and haven't gotten any new cards or sets since then. I'm probally going to be stopping in to pick up the new cards. Do people still use cards from a few years back at Gaming Geek or are they all new and I should get a new deck? I have some vintage but I know that we don't use them but I have a lot from about 5 years ago. The Starter deck and some theme decks. Could I use the newer cards or do I need to rebulid decks with the newest cards?

Any help in this would be great. I'm teaching my friend how to play next week and were going to be starting to play D & D as well. I'm really looking foraward to metting all of you and getting back into Magic. I really miss playing the game a lot.

Is there anyone in Lacey or close that plays Magic at the store and not there as well or would help me get into D & D? I'm sure i'll be in every Friday to play Magic once I get paid but if there's anyone that's older or in there 20s that want to play during the week or help me with D & D that would be great. I'm 23 so i'm looking to play with some older guys maybe on the weekends or before Fridays.

LOL I should of been in the store a long time ago. I live right in Forked River and I was looking for guys to play with. That's really cool I can buy cards there and play. Hope to see you all soon.

Thanks,
Jay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
porty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most friday tournaments are standard which nowadays includes:

ravnica
guildpact
dissension
coldsnap
time spiral
planar chaos
future sight
10th edition

i'd recommend picking up new cards if you want to play in the FNMs. if you need help just getting a mass of new cards i just posted in the trading forum that i have thousands of commons and uncommons that i need to get rid of.

the rules havn't changed that much since the 6th edition changeover (no more interrupts, batches turned into the stack, state-based effects now exist...etc). if you want to sit down and play a few games before the tournament (i'm off most days) to make sure you're up on the rules i'll be glad to help you out.

our core group of players ranges from 12-24 with the majority around 21.
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great.

I needed someone to ask about getting into tournaments and getting maybe a tournament set as well.

I'm usually home so I'll pm you and we can set something up. I was going through my cards yesterday.

Even someone would let me sit in on or teach me D and D that would be great.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Non-Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: