The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Movement Trays

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Custom Movement Trays Reply with quote

Is anyone interested in buying custom movement trays?

I can make them in pretty much any size, they have steel surfaces for magnetic bases. If you would like the neodymium magnets, I can get them for you as well, or you can them yourself from KJmagnetics.com.

Bill has a sample tray in the store, They will get better when I come up with a better way to cut steel.

I can also leave them unprimed if you wish...

I'm thinking about $15 each.

What do you think?

Please excuse the pictures. My camera is not as good as I would like.
Closeups tend to get the fisheye effect and color wants to shift, can't seem to get it to work well.

FrostX7
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey steve,
How much are the trays actually?
Because i could use a few for lets say about 3 trays for 5men across by four men deep and 3 trays of 10 men in a firing line

all of the men are dwarf sized for now if ur going to make the trays

Steven
Chaos Daemons
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Movement Trays Reply with quote

You want:
3 5x4 trays and 3 1x10 trays for 20mm bases?
Did you need the magnets as well??

And on another note:

Are you the Steven I met who just started playing Warhammer?
FrostX7
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is yes to the name, i just started playing in January witht eh dwarfs
Also, yes for the trays, but what kind of magnets are you talking about using like earth metal or regular magnets? cause i think i can get the regular basing magnets that Bill sold me a little while? if they are good magnets let me know cause then that would make the trays expensive.
Chaos Daemons
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostX7 wrote:
The answer is yes to the name, i just started playing in January witht eh dwarfs

I thought so!. How are you fairing in he escalation league?. I been really busy and not able to make it for the past few weeks.

FrostX7 wrote:
Also, yes for the trays, but what kind of magnets are you talking about using like earth metal or regular magnets?

Neodymium magnets, 6mm dia. x 1.5mm thick Grade N35 - Nickel Plated discs to be precise, ( But they can be pretty much anything you want .) I like the N35's because they are a good size for any base and hold well... Also they can be had at a really good price.

FrostX7 wrote:
cause i think i can get the regular basing magnets that Bill sold me a little while?

They will do just fine. I personally don't like them because I don't think they hold as well and they are not as rugged. It is purely preference on my part.

FrostX7 wrote:
if they are good magnets let me know cause then that would make the trays expensive.

You lost me here...
FrostX7
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better magnet would be more expensive than a cheap one and that would raise the price of the trays,

I would like the magnets in them please,

In the escalation league i am doing fairly average so far, not many wins at the higher point levels though usually a draw of victory for the other guy.
Chaos Daemons
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Trays Done Reply with quote

Steven:

The trays are done, but I don't recall if you said you wanted them primed.
I'll likly be at the geek for a short while tommorrow, (Thursday), sometime around 5:00. Got the magnets as well.
I'll have the unprimed trays and magnets with me.

Jim:
I made those 3x3 trays, but I made a mistake on them. I have those with me as well, also unprimed. You can tell me what you think.
Ir0nSide
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool man. I probably won't be able to get to the geek today, but if you want me to make those Orc and Goblin magic cards, just send me a copy of what they do and ill get right on it.
FrostX7
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I left the money for the trays with Bill so you can get it whenever. Thanks for the trays they helped a lot even without magnets.

-Steven
Chaos Daemons
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostX7 wrote:

I left the money for the trays with Bill so you can get it whenever.

Got it.

Quote:

Thanks for the trays they helped a lot even without magnets.

Great!
I glad you like them!

Jim:
Sorry I didn't post back, been busy...
I assumed you probably would not like the trays. As I said I screwed them up, you can keep them if you want. I will, however, make new ones that are mistake free by Wednesday the latest. :)

As for the spell card info; for the same reasons I've not been able to post I've also not been able to compile the spell information.

Steve
Ir0nSide
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok man lol You can just fix the old ones if you want. They were only a little bit off. And get the spell list to me whenever you can dude. No rush :)
Steve
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Jim the trays are done and primed.
I made one of them larger with about 16th of an inch slop room.
Did you want magnets to go with them?
Ir0nSide
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Ill take some magnets. Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Fantasy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: