The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4th Edition Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tralala Bard
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told!

So, I guess I'll end up being that rogue chica. I wish bards still existed. I cry rivers.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask Bill or Mike about your friend. I think we had a couple of people drop out, so it might be possible. If he's cool and a good RPer--or you think he'd be--I think people wouldn't mind (if indeed we aren't maxed out). As of now, for instance, I don't think we have a Wizard, so that might be a good addition.

I don't think I can make Tuesday at all--I am swamped with a big meeting. But on Thursday, I am good pretty much anytime (as of now--that may change, but I think I'm fine for the day).

Do you think you guys could make characters, etc, on Thursday? That way we can have a big pow-wow on Thursday for all things D&D.
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tralala Bard wrote:
I was told!

So, I guess I'll end up being that rogue chica. I wish bards still existed. I cry rivers.

I can't wait till you start singing. :)
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Updates from WotC Reply with quote

I figure we may find this useful in terms of rules clarifications:

1) For Player's Handbook:
a) http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1396

b) http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdatePH20080610.pdf

2) For DM's Guide:

a) http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateDMG20080610.pdf

3) For Monster Manual:

a) http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1395

b) http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMM20080610.pdf
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Thursday, Begley should be able to go, although work may kill him, I'll talk to my friend, and Jamie should also be able to go. Plus Bill, so we should have a decent portion of our party there.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Rules Clarifications. Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Hopefully you'll read this before next Tuesday!

I figured maybe we could do some rules clarifications before the game on Tuesday so that we could get into the game more quickly.

Bill brought up this on the phone with you today, but I thought I'd elaborate a little further.

1) The PC Monster Races don't have any Racial Feats, mostly because I don't think the PHB was written with them in mind, initially. I suspect we'll get supplements to this effect down the road, but in the meantime, could we get Racial Feats to choose from to make up for the lack of them? There are three of us who are PC Monsters: Drow, Goblin and Shadar-Kai.

I was thinking either assigning us other Racial Feats--ie, the Goblin might take Halfing Racial Feats, the Shadar-Kai might take Eladrin Racial Feats and the Drow would take Elf Racial feats, but then there are Racial Feats for each that don't make sense. The other option would to have a mix and match of Racial Feats that do make sense for each of us, or have us be able to take Human Racial Feats. Just something, so that we aren't penalized for not having Racial Feats written up for us.

2) On the same note of being overlooked, I noticed Drow and Gnomes don't have the Racial Traits of "Fey Origin", though the MM does state they are "fey humanoids". It doesn't matter a whole lot, since "Fey Origin" doesn't seem to come into play at all, rule-wise, but can Drow and Gnomes (if anyone plays one) have "Fey Origin"?

3) Can you split your Movement Action?

For instance, can you advance three squares, use a Standard Action to attack, then move another three squares? I'd say logically, it'd make sense, since if you can move 6 squares, then attack, you realistically, you should be able to move 3, then attack, then move 3, but I also know 4E is turning more into a miniatures game and they have strict rules about each "phase" being separated, so I wanted to know your take on it.

I think that's it from me for now. Maybe others have rules clarification questions.
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Character Sheet Reply with quote

Hey Bill, can you provide us a link to character sheets?
The Gaming Geek
THE GEEK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go.

http://www.thegaminggeek.com/images/4thedit.pdf

Silve
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change of plans! Turns out I can come on Tuesdays during the summer. Once school starts up again, if we'll go that long, I'll have some trouble. Can I get some dates and stuff?
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday a group of us are getting together to work on characters. The first session is the 24th.

We currently have*:
1 Dragonborn Cleric
1 Dragonborn Paladin
1 Drow Warlock
1 Elf Ranger
1 Goblin Rogue
1 Half-Elf Cleric
1 Shadar-Kai Wizard

*These are who I am aware of

Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Thursday a group of us are getting together to work on characters. The first session is the 24th.

We currently have*:
1 Dragonborn Cleric
1 Dragonborn Paladin
1 Drow Warlock
1 Elf Ranger
1 Goblin Rogue
1 Half-Elf Cleric
1 Shadar-Kai Wizard

*These are who I am aware of

We could probably use a Warlord or a Fighter. A Warlord would be especially useful, because of how his/her abilities can augment the entire party's abilities.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just going with base roles (leader, defender, striker, controller) the fighter or another wizard would be good. We have two leaders, the clerics; three strikers, rogue, ranger, and warlock; and only one defender, paladin; and one controller, wizard.

I say Fighter because I don't know what a Warlord does, and that we currently have 4 magic users.
[Warning Sarcasm]
Whatever you play, don't be a human. This is apparently and anti-human party. The half-elf is the closest thing, and we're not really talking about it.

Be a Tiefling because 1 Drow may not be enough for every NPC to hate use from the get-go.

Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
Well, just going with base roles (leader, defender, striker, controller) the fighter or another wizard would be good. We have two leaders, the clerics; three strikers, rogue, ranger, and warlock; and only one defender, paladin; and one controller, wizard.

I say Fighter because I don't know what a Warlord does, and that we currently have 4 magic users.
[Warning Sarcasm]
Whatever you play, don't be a human. This is apparently and anti-human party. The half-elf is the closest thing, and we're not really talking about it.

Be a Tiefling because 1 Drow may not be enough for every NPC to hate use from the get-go.

Hahahaha. Are you kidding? That Shadar-Kai is gonna be as hated as me...they have bad, bad, bad reputations. And Goblins are no one's friends either! We're all in trouble from the get-go. :)

As for character classes, it's a trade off in my mind. It'd either be Fighter or Warlord--Fighter is good for that face to face butt-kicking and standing up in the front line and taking blows; we have 3 Strikers for heavy damage, but none of us are intended for direct combat like that.

On the other hand, Warlords give some mighty useful advantages to the entire party in combat with their Powers--Clerics can kinda do it too, but not as well as Warlords (Clerics make up for it in healing, however). And they are no slouches in a face to face combat, either, so they could stand up in the front line and trade blows well.

It's a toss up for me. Another Wizard would be so-so; we have enough ranged PCs in our party to last us for a long time, though the AOE powers of Wizards can be useful (if they don't intend up blasting the party too, since we have 1 Wizard already and 2 Wizards throwing AOEs could be really bad for our side).
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: D&D Meeting: 5 PM! Reply with quote

Just remember, we're trying to get as many of the party members together at 5ish PM today at the Gaming Geek to chat, make characters (if you haven't yet), etc. It'd just be nice for us all to get to know one another and meet before the game.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for the story of many characters, here is goes:

There was a battle between the Drow and Shadar-Kai over ruins that held great power. Both wanted that power and the territory. Jamie's goblin was a double agent between the Drow and Shadar-Kai. This led her to meet both Ajit's Drow and Griz's Shadar-Kai. My character was an elven long range scout who found this battle. It would have been good to report had my character not been in the wrong place at the wrong time, he was captured by the Drow.

The goblin saw how Griz's character did not want to follow in his father's footsteps and lead the war against Drow. While Ajit's character was becoming more and more disheartened with the Drow. Both wanted to leave the bloody traditions their people held.

Meanwhile my character was being held prisoner and tortured by the Drow. Ajit's character often spoke to my Elf about being an elf, leading your own life, and about how the Drow were wrong. When capable, he managed to keep the torture at bay or minimal.

This cumulated when the goblin helped the Shadar-Kai king's son (Griz's character) to flee with the now turned Warock (Ajit's character) with my character. The four fled the lands and lost the goblin (Jamie's character) in the process.

All this took place two years prior to our campaign and now the three are friends, having helped each other to survive in war torn lands for two years.

The goblin met a Dragonborn cleric of Bahumut (Bill's character) and his paladin brother (Begley's character) when something was chasing her. HSe hid behind the cleric and after he saved the goblin's life she refused to leave his side. Two years later he and his brother join and Elven ranger, Drow warlock, Shadar-Kai wizard.

Thus almost all of our characters have met and have people to vouch for them, such as the Drow being backed by a Goblin, Elf, Shadar-Kai when the Dragonborn freak upon first contact. If I missed anything feel free to post it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: