The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonderful Happy Friends...read this.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Trader's Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Wonderful Happy Friends...read this. Reply with quote

Eric and Chris, I know this isn't a Trade thread, but I'm attempting to get the attention of people making so-called Trade Threads.

I tried...

Nobody here trades. Heck, they don't even know what a trade thread is!

"Lizardman" has his deck listed (?)..."Jipss" has only a single Plasma listed to possibly trade..."Sogen" has only cards he wants (no haves)..."I need a last name" has only wants listed...

What is it with you people, and why is this allowed?! It's just retarded.

Any ding-dong knows that a Trade Thread is a list of cards a person has, and a list of cards that they want. A chimpanzee could figure that out. If you don't have a combination of cards for trade, and cards you want to trade for, DON'T MAKE A THREAD AT ALL!

Sorry for being so blunt about it, but me and Vince take the time to make a proper Trade Thread, and for what? How are trades going to get rolling if nobody here has proper haves and wants? Come on people!! Jeez.

Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know my deck was listed. Usually we go to each others trade threads, see if we have any of the stuff they want, we tell them we have the cards and tell them to look at our thread.

Sorry about doing it like that but its what we are used to.
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sorry

it just i have so many and typing them all is kinda

how should i say this, to **%#$ MUCH.

so i will put up ones i think people might want
or more like ill add ask me what cards you want and ill see if i have them
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sogen Summarized it well.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our defense:

first, we have a different system for trading here. When vince made his thread i noticed he mentioned the mail thing. We dont do that. qall trades we do here are meant to be carried out at the geek or in person somewhere.

second, we formated our trade threads to not include "haves" because it is implied that if you dont have it then dont post. and as far as the Jpiss thread, i stated in there that he needs to read the rules and reformat it. BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SUPOSED TO READ THE RULES BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!

next as far as anything retarted incolving lizardman's trade threads well i expect nothing but that form him and because he is so difficult to deal with when trading i expect everyone to just do what i do and completley ignore his thread because no matter what you have you will never get a trade with him.

with that said i want to end on this note:
I hate everyone.
Tralala Bard
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In everyone's defense, Harve, there isn't that big of a demand to put that much time into a want and have list.

Let me explain. I understand why you and Vince have them - you guys go on other sites, such as pojo. It's necessary for you to have that there, for you will never see these people, and they can't guess what you have.

At the Geek it is different. I bet that Begley can guess what is in Chester's front page right now. The players all know the major outline of the good cards each other have by now, enough so that taking up a lot of time typing up every card in their binder would be pointless.

Just my two cents. I know you two aren't used to how chill it is at the Geek, but we really cannot expect everyone to put such time into an amazing trading forum when they can just walk into the store on Saturday and accomplish the same thing they were going to online with no work involved.

As for the deck being posted thing, well.. The poster of that really needs to pay more attention to what he posts, since it's making the mods take heat, and I doubt they enjoy that.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
with that said i want to end on this note:
I hate everyone.

LOL. That's a great ending man.

I know that this Trade Forum is different in the sense that the trades are actually carried out at the Geek, but it is not to say things can't get squared away on here as far as confirming trade deals, haggling trades, etc...
People should just know how to make a proper trade thread regardless of where the actual transaction takes place. A trade thread is haves, and wants. It's not rocket science. There is no sense in even having a Trade Forum if at least that can't be done here.

Trading is an important aspect of the game really. It is simply a way to get rid of something you don't want, and obtain something you do want. It's a win/win situation, and fun to boot.

In conclusion...

1)Everybody start using your own dang cards!! I can't believe the amount of people using many of Chris' cards. That's just...pathetic. If you like the game, then get some cards. You weenies get money...start buying packs. Don't have/get what you want? Then trade to get them! Stop depending on Chris to support your Yugioh habit. Me, Vince, Jim...may lend each other a card on occasion, but you people are out of control.

2)Make a proper trade thread you lazy bums. If you don't have cards to trade, or don't want to trade anything that you have...then you really don't belong on here. Do it right, or don't do it at all. It is not hard.

3)I trade a lot more than most, as you can probably tell from my binders. But to think...I started my trading career with a single Breaker that I pulled from a MFC pack waaay back in the day when he was sexy. I traded that Breaker for X2 Goblin Attack Force, when they were hot too. And so on...and so on..and so on...

Bottom line: trading is very lucrative.

Here are some examples of my recent trades, and of the benefit of trading on-line:
Quote:
My:
X2 ult. DW Dealings
X1 super DW Dealings
X3 Upstart
X1 Spell Economics
X3 Librarys (I will check to see how many I have exactly...along with Toon Cannon and Contents)

Pojo trader:
X2 Rainbow Life rare
X2 Future Samurai rare
D.D.M. ultimate
X2 D.D. Survivor ultimate (selling for $20 each! All the cards I traded him aren't even valued at $20!)

Quote:
My:
Allure of Darkness ultimate
Dark Bribe

Pojo trader:
Darklord Zerato secret (selling for $80. This was an even trade...but like nobody wants to give up a Zerato! I got him too.)

Quote:
Pojo trader:
Van' Dagylon promo
X2 Volcanic Counter supers
X1 Dark Cure promo (these cards are worth $20, mine are worth about $8)

My:
Uria DR4 ultra
Double Spell ultra

Quote:
Pojo Trader:
Gold Dark Magician Of Chaos (selling for $50, my cards are worth about $38)
Giftcard

My:
Vandalgyon
Harvest Angel of Wisdom
Herald Green (rare)
Herald Purple (ULT)

Quote:
MY:
PHANTOM SKYBLASTER ( 1/e )
SKY SCOURGE NORLERAS ( 1/e )
DESTINY HERO - DREADMASTER X2 ( 1/e ) (rare)

POJO TRADER:
MRD MIRROR FORCE mint (selling for $40, my cards are worth about $27)

Mirror Force, Darklord Zerato, Dark Magician of Chaos...and I did all of those trades in 1 hours time. Yeah, I gave up some cards, but it was all stuff I'm not using...for BEEFY cards.

Jamie and Chris, I understand where your coming from...I really do. It just appears that everyone is so dang lazy. I'm the old guy, I should be the lazy one! Jeez. Depending on Chris' cards...not taking the time to make a trade thread properly...not having hardly any cards of their own (the only people I've traded with at the Geek are Chris and Chester...nobody else has anything).

I don't know...maybe it's just me. You all appear to be fine with the way things are. I just think things could be so much more.

BTW, don't anyone take anything I say too literally. It's just my way of talking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not going to take it too literally but i want to defend the people who use my cards.

first off it is not like they aren't puting any money into it. Elena for example actually bought my crystal beast deck from me, jamie is purchaseing the individual cards she wants like the recent injection. and Griz only barrowed for the tournament and then traded for a good portion of it later.

Erik however, is poor and has no excuse.

also i want to note that it is not like i let them have free access, if i want cards that are in a deck or to use a deck i will do it (like samurai) though i do give erik more free roam because i like to watch him come up with deck concepts.

and to end this one i will note this:
Erik you are poor and i hate you.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and to end this one i will note this:
Erik you are poor and i hate you.

LOL. That's great.

To end everything, I'll say: I think your all a great bunch...regardless of anything else.

Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very bi-polar, the post your making fun of somebody,then the
next you are saying there a great bunch HARV35TER.

Last edited by Sogen on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kid's do stupid things...my wife is a ding-dong sometimes...I still think that overall they are a great bunch. Me presenting negatives about people, then closing with a overall positive about them, should not be so unfathomable.

Technically, yes, those comments could be considered bipolar...but everyone is bipolar to a certain extent. Everyone.

Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1)Everybody start using your own dang cards!! I can't believe the amount of people using many of Chris' cards. That's just...pathetic. If you like the game, then get some cards. You weenies get money...start buying packs. Don't have/get what you want? Then trade to get them! Stop depending on Chris to support your Yugioh habit. Me, Vince, Jim...may lend each other a card on occasion, but you people are out of control.

Sounds great. I guess that means I'll never see you guys on Saturdays then, since I cannot afford to buy an entire new set of cards for a game I will no longer be able to play in five months.

Really, I think it is really, really rude to try to get on this again. Yes, Erik and I do use Begley's card. Last time I checked, the guys who made this entire Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament even happen a little over a year ago were fine with it. Why? Oh yeah, Begley and Erik started it, didn't they?

And we have money? I'm sorry Harve, I love you, but you really have no information about myself or Erik. Erik has no money, and cannot afford it. I am lucky I can get the $5 for the tournaments, and I typically get screamed at for a good twenty minutes for that money alone. It is very difficult for me to get money for small things like that and necessities. I love this game, but I cannot commit money to it when I have to worry about things like gas. I am not like you, where you have a career kicking, I am a teenager who is trying to get a minimum wage job at Walmart and has to worry about college in a few months.

I feel like this is an issue that really shouldn't be your concern. Erik, Begley and I are great friends. We hang out all the time, and play together with this game. The giant pot of Begley's cards is easily divisible, and Erik and I put in our shares when we can. It isn't as if we go around asking others to use their cards - we make our own decks, with our own ideas, together, with Begley's permission.

I don't think this can be more clear. We are a different kind of shop I guess, where friends let their friends use their cards. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. We are not elitists, we are just some teenagers trying to enjoy a game. Who are we to be punished because we cannot afford it? Should I just not go anymore? Is that what you're requesting? Your demands are so out of line it seems that it is in that league. I am not, as you put it, "pathetic", and neither is Erik. What we are is lacking in funds. We are teenagers. And we are trying to play a game for fun. You're the one who constantly posts about how you're supposed to play this game for fun, and that when it is not fun it's not worth it. Then who are you to go around and try to make other people's enjoyment of a simple game bashed on because we are "pathetic" and have bad home lives, with little income sent our way. It's hypocritical, mean, and just rude.

I'm sorry to go off like this, but you have been ranting on these forums about changing practically everything. Is it fair to call Begley and Erik boneheads because new members and Charlie didn't post their "haves" lists? No, it's not necessary. That is how pojo may run it, but obviously it hadn't been running that way on these forums. Considering the card collection that has continued on, it looks like trading has still been kicking along just fine without such essential protocols.

Maybe you just don't realize that sometimes simple comments like this bothers people, but it does. I know comments like that make me feel embarrassed because I don't have money, and I should never be placed in that situation. As for the trade forums comment, it isn't right to call out new members that just joined the forums - such as Sogen. Marcus is brand new at the Geek, and should not be called out like that - give the kid a break.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt with this, but I just hope you realize that snippy little comments like this is wrong. You have your beloved sanctioning coming up, you have your forty minute intervals that you asked for, and practically everything else. Do you have to try to change the entire way one of the forums run because others do it, or try to make up new rules for our soon-to-be-sanctioned tournaments because it may bother you that Begley shares? I don't think this is right, and I hope that we can move on past this quickly.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unrulysaiyajin
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Jeez Reply with quote

Jeez, lets get back on topic here. Chester is awesome. Discuss.

Top 4 Edison Sept 08

09 Nat's qualified
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the topic?

Oh you are very proud of yourself,
and think your better then everybody else ... gotcha

jking
But positive thoughts now alright. lol
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chester is awesome because he is a good player and has creative ideas. He makes the top 4 very often and knows alot about the game. He makes good decks too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Trader's Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: