The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonderful Happy Friends...read this.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Trader's Realm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizardMan wrote:
Chester is awesome because he is a good player and has creative ideas. He makes the top 4 very often and knows alot about the game. He makes good decks too.

The orcs are being sent to find you in the middle of the night, we don't speak about what they do, but you will not enjoy it, and will not be over quickly.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No U.
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
Quote:
with that said i want to end on this note:
I hate everyone.

LOL. That's a great ending man.

I know that this Trade Forum is different in the sense that the trades are actually carried out at the Geek, but it is not to say things can't get squared away on here as far as confirming trade deals, haggling trades, etc...
People should just know how to make a proper trade thread regardless of where the actual transaction takes place. A trade thread is haves, and wants. It's not rocket science. There is no sense in even having a Trade Forum if at least that can't be done here.

Trading is an important aspect of the game really. It is simply a way to get rid of something you don't want, and obtain something you do want. It's a win/win situation, and fun to boot.

In conclusion...

1)Everybody start using your own dang cards!! I can't believe the amount of people using many of Chris' cards. That's just...pathetic. If you like the game, then get some cards. You weenies get money...start buying packs. Don't have/get what you want? Then trade to get them! Stop depending on Chris to support your Yugioh habit. Me, Vince, Jim...may lend each other a card on occasion, but you people are out of control.

2)Make a proper trade thread you lazy bums. If you don't have cards to trade, or don't want to trade anything that you have...then you really don't belong on here. Do it right, or don't do it at all. It is not hard.

3)I trade a lot more than most, as you can probably tell from my binders. But to think...I started my trading career with a single Breaker that I pulled from a MFC pack waaay back in the day when he was sexy. I traded that Breaker for X2 Goblin Attack Force, when they were hot too. And so on...and so on..and so on...

Bottom line: trading is very lucrative.

Here are some examples of my recent trades, and of the benefit of trading on-line:
Quote:
My:
X2 ult. DW Dealings
X1 super DW Dealings
X3 Upstart
X1 Spell Economics
X3 Librarys (I will check to see how many I have exactly...along with Toon Cannon and Contents)

Pojo trader:
X2 Rainbow Life rare
X2 Future Samurai rare
D.D.M. ultimate
X2 D.D. Survivor ultimate (selling for $20 each! All the cards I traded him aren't even valued at $20!)

Mirror Force, Darklord Zerato, Dark Magician of Chaos...and I did all of those trades in 1 hours time. Yeah, I gave up some cards, but it was all stuff I'm not using...for BEEFY cards.

Jamie and Chris, I understand where your coming from...I really do. It just appears that everyone is so dang lazy. I'm the old guy, I should be the lazy one! Jeez. Depending on Chris' cards...not taking the time to make a trade thread properly...not having hardly any cards of their own (the only people I've traded with at the Geek are Chris and Chester...nobody else has anything).

I don't know...maybe it's just me. You all appear to be fine with the way things are. I just think things could be so much more.

BTW, don't anyone take anything I say too literally. It's just my way of talking.

I really do enjoy doing card reviews, but if you do not like the way things are run here there is no need for you to trade, don't go to this thread. As said prior, all of these trades are meant to be done at the Geek, this is just an easy way for people to establish trades and save time. There is no need for a giant catalogue of cards, if you have something that I need and I have some thing you need one of us posts that we would like to trade. It's that simple.

Really, it's easy to buy cards? Do you know how many people throw out commons and things. The only cards that people care about are the rares. Yu-Gi-Oh is probably the most expensive card game because the commons are on such a low playability level. If my using Begley's spare cards is such a problem, good luck in the tournaments you no longer want me playing in. If Begley is allowing me to use his cards, why does it matter? Would me playing with someone else's cards, still making my decks be a big change?

No one cared when Vince handed Jarrid DAD, but me playing with Begley's cards and sometimes finishing in the top four, that's a big deal? This is just nuts, I make the decks, playtest them, tweak them, then have Begley say "I need this card" pull it and I have to throw something dumb into the deck as a replacement. Begley and I also have a deal going, I use his yugimons, he uses my magic cards.

It's amazing that the new comers to the Geek tournaments want so many changes, down to the way the boards are being run. We got sanctioned, changed time limits and ending procedures, prize support, and now you want to change how our trades are conducted? That is going too far.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie - That was...impressively well written.

Let's start at the start. The changes I (we) brought about is the way it should be done. I did not make anybody do anything. I presented it, and it was Billy and the players choice to incorporate it. Do I appreciate it? Yes, of course. But, it was not done specifically for me. It was done for the good of everyone. If a game has rules, you play by those rules. That's a given. Whether it's Monopoly, Football, Yugioh...you do it right. Also, sanctioning is what got every person a Reinforcement Of The Army Hobby League card at the Geek-O-Rama, Yugioh Deck Box's for select qualifiers, and Vince a Dark Armed Dragon mat for Judging. Everyone wins by doing it right.

Next, I thought you knew me well enough to know, that's just my way of talking and that there is no great sincerity to those comments and words.
I'm the type that will tell somebody I'm playing "man...what are you, a weeney-head?!", but I'll do it with a smile or a laugh. I call Vince many choice names while we play, but he knows that it's all in jest. Obviously, you and some other's may have taken what I said to heart, and for that, I apologize. I even purposely stated not to take me too literally, but apparently that was not enough.

Was there some underlying things in what I said? Yeah, sure. Trade Threads are commonplace in Forums. They are all the same. Haves, and Wants. I was attempting to motivate people to do it that way...a way that is common practice, and known by almost everyone in a game such as Yugioh, Magic, Pokemon, etc... Being slightly frustrated at making a detailed trade thread of my own, only to have nobody else doing it at all...or responding to mine at all, was a minor thing actually. I was trying to get people in gear to do things right, so trading could commence, for the benefit of all. I even showed people the lucrativeness (by example) in doing so...not for trading here so much because it's on a local level, but on more popular Forums such as Pojo's.

Lastly, my mention of people using Begley's cards...well, that goes hand-in-hand with wanting to help the Trade Forum here. Nobody has cards to trade, because a lot of people are using somebody else's cards. Is there anything wrong with people using Chris's cards (or anybody else's for that matter)? No, there isn't. Especially if everyone is O.K. with it. But, without even knowing anybodys perticuler reason for using somebody else's cards, I do know that people have a tendency to take advantage of a good thing if they are allowed to do so. You have your legitimate reasons for borrowing cards. Maybe everyobody who uses Chris's cards does. But, for somebody who does not, if there is in fact anyone, then what I said applies to them. To my dismay, I thought that was a given in the way I said it. Again, no great sincerety in what I was saying, but yes, there was an underlying message to those that apply.

I have done nothing but try to help The Geek, the players, and this Forum.
I have brought more people to The Geek to play against, which means more people to trade with, and more $ for The Geek. I have gotten yous' to play the game properly, which has reaped rewards, and will continue to do so. I advertised the Geek-O-Rama on my Pojo thread, and Vince gave out fliers for Geek-O-Rama at the Edison Regional (although none of that did much good I'm sorry to say). Jim printed out and dropped off UDE Rules to Billy for reference, and I sent him links to the Mantis program for pairings at events. I attempted to put Billy in contact with vendors for the event. I have helped with Card Rulings on here. Although minimal, I have given some cards to people at the tourneys...even card's specifically requested, that I took the time to dig-up at home.

Billy has went out of his way...and yous' have went out of your way...and I have thanked everyone several times for doing so. I in turn have tried to give back as well, and I think I have more than proved that I am with yous'...not against yous'.

In closing...

Well, it's obvious that I have to watch my wording, and the way I conduct myself on here. I honestly didn't think my mannerism would ruffle any body's feathers...at least in a negative way. I, as an "older" (*cough-cough*) adult, think nothing of speaking to adult family, friends, or acquaintances, much more frankly then I did here, with no repercussions. Adults handle things a bit differently. That is in no way being negative towards the young players at the shop, it is simply a fact. With the examples of types of people I used above, I could say "Dude, your a freakin' idiot", and it would amount to nothing. Of course tone of voice would play a part, which nobody can see in my writing here. I thought I had toned down enough with my wording, and that yous' knew me better than to truly take offense to what I was saying. I zigged, when I should have zagged. Again, I meant no ill will.

Besides, I need you to play Jamie...I can't seem to beat anybody else there! LOL. (Gotcha'!)

Razjah - You posted while I was typing this up. I really didn't think you would take what I said to heart. Well, hopefully this will help clear the air.

Chester -
Quote:
Jeez, lets get back on topic here. Chester is awesome. Discuss.

No discussion. You suck. Oh no...I'm doing it again. LOL.
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wonderful Happy Friends...read this.

Isn't that what I said??!!

LOL.
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Rawr Reply with quote

(Insert big, long, ridiculous rant here because someone e-made fun of me.)

Top 4 Edison Sept 08

09 Nat's qualified
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Trader's Realm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: