The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deck Help? :D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkRexx
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Deck Help? :D Reply with quote

Here's my latest and greatest!

Monsters: 20

3 Command Knight
2 Gren Maju De Elza
3 Banisher of the Radience
3 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
2 Maximum Six
3 D.D. Survivor
2 Marauding Captian
1 Freed, The matchless General
1 Guardian of Order

Spells: 14

2 Dimensional Fissure
2 Soul Release
3 The A. Forces
3 D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
2 Lightning Vortex
2 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: 8

3 Macro Cosmos
2 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Torrential Tribute
2 Return From Different Dimension

I appreciate all feedback and opinions.

EXCEPT FROM CHARLIE! <--- NOTE!
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the build, it is pretty intyeresting. i do have a suggestions though

-1 A.forces
+1cyber dragon

-1(any card that proves it can be dropped)
+1cyber dragon
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do X2 Golden Homunculus over Gren Maju De Elza. Golden is Warrior, searchable by Shining Angel (if you run 3 Shining Angels, run Creature Swaps)... His Atk pump is lower, but his base attack is higher. 5 monsters removed make him a 3000 hitter.

Also, I'd dump the A-Forces, and put a couple Big Bang Shots in, which will still give an ATK boost, trample, and will help RFP your monsters for DDR and RftDD.

I think you have a little too many RFP cards, being Macros, Dimensional Fissures, Soul Releases, Banishers...

Maybe get a Bountiful Artemis or two in there, with an additional Marauding...

I don't know...things just look a little "off". Imagine an opening draw...into a Macros, Soul Release, Dim. Fissure, another Macros, DDR...Youd' be hatin' life, and it could very well happen with that much RFP stuff.

Also, Cyber Valleys and a Machine Duplication would be hot. RFP a Cyber Valley and a face up D.D. Survivor, draw 2 cards, then D.D. Survivor comes back to the field at the End Phase.

You have like no draw power man.

noob!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dood, Harv. That was the best review I've ever gotten. Not in terms of applause, but actual advice. I really appreciate the help.

I think I'll try it with your's and Begley's suggestions, and see which one I like better.
Razjah

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you running Lightsworn? They mill you, and you're running Macro! It's just crazy. Not only are you going to RFG your cards, but you will most likely mill away the cards needed to get back your RFG'd stuff. Drop the Lightsworn, use pretty much anything else the new Dark Monarch would be a really useful to you.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
DarkRexx
noob!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Lightsworn are in there because of RFDD and DDR. It's not like I was planning on summoning them as soon as I got them in hand. The strategy behind using them was something like, 'wait until I have Gren Maju or Return, then summon them to mill cards to good effect'. When I play this deck, I often find during matches that I wish I had more cards removed from play. With the changes I made and posted here, I went for a more beatdown approach while still keeping the RFD strategy. I'm a bit skeptical about Cyber Valley, mostly because I'm unsure about how to play them properly, and what cards I'd remove from the deck to put them and Machine Duplication in.

I might possibly rely on cards that give me more control over what cards go to the RFG pile, like Kycoo, Bazoo, Gutzpah and Soul Release.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me when I tell you that Cyber Valleys are golden. They are easy to run, and their effects kick butt...which explains why they are selling for $20 each on E-Bay. Great draw power...They will help you get monsters to RFP...thay can put a card like Dimension Fusion to the top of your deck again if you want. Their effects are worth learning, trust. Also, Prometheus is a good way to get monsters to RFP.

Question can be a great card for you to try. It's like a win/win situation. Your monster gets Special Summoned if your opponent guesses it's name wrong, or if they guess the name right, it goes to RFP, then you Special Summon it with one of those DDR's of yours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Deck List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: