The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Chaos Gods Have A Sick Sense Of Humour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KidCthulhu
Master Painter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: The Chaos Gods Have A Sick Sense Of Humour Reply with quote

Am I the only one who saw the new "Mortals" army list in WD and was utterly baffled and offended?

Okay, so we knew some things were coming, like the God-specific spells going away. And maybe it's no surprise the Chaos Rune Sword got nerfed and the cool weapons like Rending Blade, Sword of Change, and Hellfire Sword went away. But some of the other things leave me utterly confused.

First things first, they got rid of the Mark Of Chaos Undivided?!

Then they took all the non-infantry Core choices and made them Special choices! Did anyone have a Chaos cavalry army? Sorry, apparently only the Brettonian Cheese Knights can do that. And perhaps maybe the Empire. Even mounted cannon-fodder scouty Marauders are special choices now!

But hey, you can always take a Hell Cannon; a warmachine that's designed to kill its crew, get into close-combat, and lose wounds to combat resolution! Genius! Pure genius!

And of course, the thing that pisses me off most is what they did to the followers of my favorite Ruinous Power, The Changer Of Ways.

For those of you who don't play Chaos, Tzeentch doesn't have little wimpy wizards like the other powers. You take a badass champion and pay to make him a level 2/level 4 wizard with access to the best spell list in Hordes Of Chaos. And even better, units with the Mark of Tzeentch gave your UberCaster extra power dice as long as the unit wasn't dead or fleeing.

Now apparently the Mark of Tzeentch gives you a 6+ ward save instead. Yes, a ward save that works only 16% of the time. Yeah, that's representative of the gifts of the magic-heavy Chaos god.

But now you can take the less fighty Sorcerer, give him the Mark of Tzeentch and let him pick from any lore in the Rule book. @Whee. That sure makes up for screwing the Heroes and Lords out of being the UberCasters they once were.

Oh, and I don't exactly have high hopes for the new Hordes book, but I can't really judge it until it comes out.

Needless to say, I'm in no hurry to rebase/touch up my Chaos Warriors. Good thing the Daemons are viable now because the Mortals got majorly hosed.
full_blooded_ork
Greater Deamon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this whitedwarf lists affect beasts? I ask because now dosn't alot of the changes also affect the beast book?

But yea I have heard that mortals got nerfed heavily, I guess you can always use harry the hammer against bill!
Burrfoot812
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe thats the next army they are going to because someone is working on it according to WD. So for now, chaos mortals are gathering strength for a hugh raid.
2000 Dark elves.
Ir0nSide
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FAQ that GW just released dealt with the Beastmen. They are now independent of both demons and mortals.
Lord_of_End_Times
Pestigorka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortals will be fine with the new book due in nov. Remeber this is a get you by list they are not going to show you anything from the new book. One Love
-Gorka
WARMACHINE/HORDES armies
Legion of Everblight-500+/\Khador-1500
Malifaux: Arcanists
EX-ILLIS!
Lord_of_End_Times
Pestigorka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps. It is rumored that the whole mortals list will have the old Chaos Undivied power. And this comes from a few souces so.... One Love
-Gorka
WARMACHINE/HORDES armies
EX-ILLIS!
KidCthulhu
Master Painter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: What does the future hold? Only Tzeentch knows for sure... Reply with quote

Hey Gorka, I take it there's already some leaked rumors on Warseer? Their stuff about the daemons was almost 98% accurate.

I'm still really baffled about how the force is being divided. For years Chaos has always been one big army where the lines between which army is which has always been hazy. That was the whole reason I even got into Warhammer Fantasy; to have a huge Chaos army with hundreds of variations of army lists. Play one army; the biggest, evilest one around.

I wonder what's with the new trend where they are determined to make them as separate as possible. I mean, I've never even heard of the guy who wrote the Daemons book. I was expecting Rick Priestly or Gav. I wonder if the new guy's doing the other two books.

Does GW make more money somehow if they are dinstinct, unmixable armies? "Gee, now <Player> will have to buy the new Beasts book and more models now that the only squad of Gors he owns can no longer be used as a Special choice in his Mortal army any more."

So much for "Well, now that we've done all the army books, we can focus on new armies" sentiment that was heralded with the Ogre Kingdoms.

Sorry, I'm just really crabby today. Damn SOTA Toys canceled production of the DarkStalkers figures I've had on pre-order since January of 2007. They were supposed to come out last month and I just got the email about a few hours ago. Oh and I'm still irked about what's being done to my beloved Chaos army(ies?).

One Hate-
full_blooded_ork
Greater Deamon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imangine if you preordered Duke Nukem Forever!
Lord_of_End_Times
Pestigorka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warseer is good like that. But yeah man Dont' worry about or boys they will be great, oh and just to give you a taste we might get 2 new units. One of which will be cultist/mutants. One Love
-Gorka
WARMACHINE/HORDES armies
EX-ILLIS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Fantasy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: