The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE "ADVENTURES IN PELLAOS" CAMPAIGN PRIMER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkRexx
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: THE "ADVENTURES IN PELLAOS" CAMPAIGN PRIMER Reply with quote

I'm gonna pring out copies of a refined version for everyone, but until I can, this is the best I can do:

HISTORY

Ten years ago, a large city-state named Caltea was taken apart and overthrown from the inside by an evil vampire assassin known only as The Crimson Mask, who manipulated a general into overthrowing the king of Caltea by using a relic sacred to the god Tiamat and starting the War of Dragonspawn, which would become the War of Caltea's Blood when a nation of savage warriors known only as the Slaughter Horde would attempt to take advantage of Caltea's weakness. As the three armies
converged, it became apparent that only a band of heroes stood between Caltea and utter destruction.

Those heroes failed.

In the weeks before the end of the war, those who did not escape Caltea were converted into vampire spawn to swell the Crimson Army. What was once a great land became hell on Mayerth. And then suddenly, as quickly as the war began, it was over. A blinding orb of radience parted the skies and fell onto the battlefield, obliterating the three armies. No one knows what exactly happened. Some theorize that the heroes had indeed succeeded in thier quest. Some claim the High Priestess of the Slaughter Horde called down destruction from the skies. All that is known for sure is that Tiamat's army and most of the other two armies, Caltea and the lands surrounding, were simply wiped out, nothing more than rubble and ruins.

The Crimson Mask disappeared, and peace returned to Mayerth.

This is all I got time to types up right now, expect updates soon!
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: THE "ADVENTURES IN PELLAOS" CAMPAIGN PRIMER Reply with quote

DarkRexx wrote:
I'm gonna pring out copies of a refined version for everyone, but until I can, this is the best I can do:

HISTORY

Ten years ago, a large city-state named Caltea was taken apart and overthrown from the inside by an evil vampire assassin known only as The Crimson Mask, who manipulated a general into overthrowing the king of Caltea by using a relic sacred to the god Tiamat and starting the War of Dragonspawn, which would become the War of Caltea's Blood when a nation of savage warriors known only as the Slaughter Horde would attempt to take advantage of Caltea's weakness. As the three armies
converged, it became apparent that only a band of heroes stood between Caltea and utter destruction.

Those heroes failed.

In the weeks before the end of the war, those who did not escape Caltea were converted into vampire spawn to swell the Crimson Army. What was once a great land became hell on Mayerth. And then suddenly, as quickly as the war began, it was over. A blinding orb of radience parted the skies and fell onto the battlefield, obliterating the three armies. No one knows what exactly happened. Some theorize that the heroes had indeed succeeded in thier quest. Some claim the High Priestess of the Slaughter Horde called down destruction from the skies. All that is known for sure is that Tiamat's army and most of the other two armies, Caltea and the lands surrounding, were simply wiped out, nothing more than rubble and ruins.

The Crimson Mask disappeared, and peace returned to Mayerth.

This is all I got time to types up right now, expect updates soon!

Ooh, cool! Good start!
Tralala Bard
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Secretary here. Expect the summary of what happened sometime tomorrow. I mean it this time.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sneaks, she kills two minion in one attack, she finds out all the street info, she butchers everyone's names, how does she do it?

Call now for your special deal!

1-800-GOB-LINS

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
DarkRexx
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more:

POINTS OF INTEREST

CALTEA

Caltea was once the seat of power on the continent of Leldane, owing to a strong mix of military might and commercial superiority to Pellaos. All that changed when Vilheim Von Glom, now known as the Traitor of Caltea, accidentally inspired the wrath of Tiamat, (Goddess of Evil Dragons), by using her most sacred relic (The Rod of Tiamat) to attempt to gain immortality. The Dragonspawn Wars began, and the city and surrounding countryside was blasted into wasteland.

PELLAOS

Pellaos, which is now the largest city-state in Leldane, is known as the Throne of Three Kings, due to the three major stations of power located within its walls. First, the King, Lord Reximus Graft the Second, is the political powerhouse of the land. Second, the Arcanix Maximus, home of the Archmage Brazyl, is the learning and knowledge center of Leldane. Finally, The Northern-Souther Trading Company and its major holders take up most of the Nobleman's Quarters near the center of the city.

More later. Taking requests!
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon's Cove and the arena, please.

Tralala Bard
Gnoblar to the Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Day 1 Reply with quote

Here it goes!

The campaign started off with our group of travelers ending up in a town called Amber Road, with is a town known for having the largest farmland in the area. It is along the Northern Southern Highway, with Falcon's Cove being to the South and Paleos to the North. At this time the town is having their Wheat Festival, where they are praying to their Gods for another new harvest. This town is owned by the Northern Southern Trading Alliance, and it has uncharted wilderness to the west and oriental grounds to the east. The town is also known for having random orc strikes, and in the moutains around it are where the Dragonborn and Dwarves live.

It is determined that the public dislike Drows and Tiflings, and that Shakalaka's aren't hated mostly because the common person doesn't know what they are. Magic is also stated to be normal in larger cities, such as Paelos, but not in a small area like Amber Road. Paleos is 3 days way, Falcon's Cove is 1 week away, and Gepella, a very religious city, is 1 day away.

Most of our adventurers are at a town square. It is filled with merchants, with a giant statue in the middle. The drow, Shakalaka and Elf are together, while the Goblin and the Dragonborn Paladin are together, and the fighter is by himself. Suddenly, the elf sees something out of the corner of his eye, and by the time he could jump there is an orc raid. After some of the minions are slaughtered, the group is joined by two militia. The boss enters next, bearing a stature worshiping Erasmis, for the orc wanted to steal the humans' God. After defeat, he explains that there are hundreds of his kind 3 days to the west. The group is invited to dine with Eladrin Reeve, the leader of the town. Meanwhile, the two groups unite due to past friendships.

Eladrin is soon determined to be an ass. Thanks to word from the street, it is found out that the last leader of the town died suspiciously from a heart attack. The leader explains that the town constantly gets attacks, and he asks for the group to go out and kill them for 100 gold, with nothing up front. One by one everyone leaves, with the two militia companying them, sent by Reeve's command.

After a starving family offers the group little money, even the Drow agrees that they need to help the town. Streetwise determines another party that could take over the town for Reeve, and the man in charge is Kikomoro, who is a good man with a partying problem who owns the Colosseum in Falcon's Cover. The group meets them at the Sulking Gnome, and he offers to pay they 100 gold, with transportation supplied. As he leaves to get the gold, three suspicious men follow him out. The group takes it into their hands to follow them, with the Drow, elf, fighter, Shaka Laka and Goblin following stealthily, and the Dragonborn Cleric NOT Paladin Admin Edit talking it up to Kikomoro. Meanwhile, the militia arrests the men, only to discover vial of extremely poisonous stuffs on each of them. We stop where everyone is bickering over what to do with them.
"You're going North!" "We're going to the Parkway!" "...You're still going North!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ashoka
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, thanks!

The only changes I can see are:

I believe we were going to be paid a total of 1,200 for the job, with 20% upfront as well as transport and supply costs (upfront).
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot, I got a dog.

Questions:
Can he, the dog, be used in combat?
    If so, does he use my attack or is he separate?
    Does the dog have it's own initiative?
    Can it wear armor? -like an armored bear from The Golden Compass
    How big is he? The minimum height for an English Mastiff is 30 inches, can he be bigger?

In my head I picture the guy to be like 45 inches tall, and built. This will be one badass dog.

Also, the townspeople were exceedingly generous with their gifts. We got bread, a sheep, a spire drake, a hunting dog, a party, and now were off to go forge an alliance with an orc tribe. Once we're out in the woods and open lands I can play scout, and do more RPing!

Jamie now has not only a pet, but a mount. Should supplies run low, we have wool and mutton, woot!

Angel00Tears
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that was the backlash you were talking about......
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will happen when the orcs go to make their clan again? I know that we can get themto stop raids, but can the orcs go anywhere else? Does their religion prevent them form staying or leaving the area near Amber Road?

Some orc questions that I thought of.

Also, how did the Eladrin and Elves separate? A ton of fantasy worlds have a war between the dark elves and the elves of the surface, but what caused the Eldarin and Elves to become different races?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Dungeons & Dragons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: