The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(10/4/08) #6 - DESTINY HERO - DIAMOND DUDE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: (10/4/08) #6 - DESTINY HERO - DIAMOND DUDE Reply with quote

DESTINY HERO - DIAMOND DUDE

EFFECT MONSTER (Warrior / DARK / Level 4 / 1400 ATK / 1600 DEF)

TEXT: "Once per turn, you can reveal the top card of your Deck. If it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard and you can activate its effect during the Main Phase of your next turn. If the card is not a Normal Spell Card, place it on the bottom of your Deck."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHESTER'S REVIEW

Diamond Dude has recently begun to see a rebirth in play in the past few weeks. Why has this happened? Since the death of DDT (Diamond Dude Turbo) this card was slid into the non-competitive pile. I feel it is important that we look at why this card is breaking back into the Meta.

We have seen TeleDAD begin the reign of its’ top tier dominance. With its’ first SJC win one of the most unique cards included in the deck list of Adam Corn was Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude. Just by looking at its effect it is possible to understand why. This card can put you one card deeper into your deck and possibly give you the ability to use a spell card free of cost. Obviously to get the best use out of this card a deck has to compile a decent amount of normal spell cards and see reason to include D-Hero’s. Dark Armed Dragon has abused the Destiny Hero engine, it adds a tremendous amount of speed to decks and can deliver things such as free tributes via Malicious (Who has come to 3 and become broken as of Sept. 1st).

The D-Hero engine was always 2 Malicious, Fear Monger, and Disk Commander. It was simple with occasional uses of Dasher. That same list that brought Malicious to 3 though also removed Disk Commander, and Fear Mongers’ only reason for existence. With 2 empty spots it was easy to fill it in with the third Malicious and some nifty tech of Destiny Hero – Doom Lord. Simple enough. Some people still insisted running Fear Monger along side of 3 Malicious and Doom Lord. Where was his use? Reuse Doom Lord? Corn like some others was not dumb enough to fall into the trend and opted for Destiny Hero – Diamond Dude. In a deck that runs near 10-14 normal spells, that consistently thins out its monsters it has potential to do big things.

Outside of a Dark Deck, or a deck reliant on the D-Hero Engine this card can still find a home. Unleashing powerhouse cards like: Magical Stone Excavation, Lightning Vortex, Destiny Draw, Trade-in; Free of cost. The fact that you can force D.D. Crow out of your opponent for a –1 to them just to stop a use of a spell card is always a bonus to stop your combos from being destroyed.

It might be time to dust this guy off from your collection and give him a shot. He’s very searchable via Stratos, RoTA, Tomato, Sangan and he gets under Crush Card Virus. See if you can take advantage of that.

Advanced: 3/5 (People are high on spells now. You can find use for him)

TeleDAD: 5/5 (Move over Fear Monger, you’ve been replaced.)

Art: 2.5/5

HARV'S REVIEW

The infamous Diamond Dude. His namesake deck, "Diamond Dude Turbo", was brutal in it's day. But, since the demise of that deck due to bans and what not, Diamond Dude has been put on a shelf. I'm really not sure why, because he's still an awesome monster either way you cut it. Some people are getting hip to that fact, especially since the banning of Disk Commander, and the fact that Fear Monger has become rather useless in turn.

Anyway, yes, Diamond Dude does not just belong in his namesake deck. He can be ran in a Dark deck...he can be ran in a Warrior deck...he can be ran in just about any deck that is heavy on the Normal Spell cards (the more of him you run, the more Normal Spells you may want to run).

He's searchable with Mystic Tomato, Sangan, RotA, and Stratos...making it very easy for him to hit your field. Once there, first and foremost, use his effect. If you peal-off a Normal Spell to the Graveyard, you can activate it your next turn...and there isn't much that can stop it. That is like an extra draw, or a free card activation, and your losing nothing because it activates in the Graveyard. Also, no activation fees are incurred. A Destiny Draw amounts to 2 free cards...a Lightning Vortex amounts to free destruction of opponents monsters...a Pot of Avarice amounts to 2 free draws...get the picture? About the only thing that is beat about Diamond Dude is if you don't hit a Normal Spell with his effect. Well, that, and playing a Dragon deck with Light & Darkness, and White-Horned Dragon in it. Oh, and let's not forget D.D. Crow. LOL. It's all gonna' be hit or miss either way you cut it, but them hits are soooo sweet.

There are a ton of rulings regarding him and his effect, so if you run him, you should scope them out to avoid game problems.

Certain Decks - 9-10/10

Art - 2/10 (rather ridiculous looking...but he's well known because of it, so props to him)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diamond Dude > Fear Monger in my opinion.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diamond Dude less then Fear Monger? To each their own...but I just don't see that.
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Harvey, I'm old enough to remember that ">" means greater than. All in all, great review by you and Chester.

HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. Your...right. I had a tartlapse.

I don't know how I got all that Unit Weight/Relative Yield crap right on that concrete test I took a couple months ago.

This is why the kids go to Michelle with math problems. LOL.

I suck.

Never mind Charlie.

Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARV35TER wrote:
Crap. Your...right. I had a tartlapse.

I don't know how I got all that Unit Weight/Relative Yield crap right on that concrete test I took a couple months ago.

This is why the kids go to Michelle with math problems. LOL.

I suck.

Never mind Charlie.

Its A-OK.
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to know your opinions of why you give every card, you review a low art -rate
Nurgling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm saw your dimensional review
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. I may know <and> but I still try to play traps out of my hand on occasions. Being "smart" isn't all it's cracked up to be. :-)

HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. If you didn't play traps out of your hand once in a while, I'd think there was something wrong with you!! LOL!!

Yes...our minds are junked-ified from too many years on this marble...and it seems the brain farts are coming more frequently these days...but it's the overall picture that counts dangit! (at least I think I remember more than I forget...but I'm not sure...cause I don't remember...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: