The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(10/8/08) #8 - NURSE REFICULE THE FALLEN ONE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: (10/8/08) #8 - NURSE REFICULE THE FALLEN ONE Reply with quote

NURSE REFICULE THE FALLEN ONE

EFFECT MONSTER (Fairy / DARK / Level 4 / 1400 ATK / 600 DEF)

TEXT: "Any effect that would cause your opponent to gain Life Points instead inflicts the same amount of damage to your opponent."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

One of Four Dark Fairy Effect Monsters in the game. That makes her rather unique. Forget what you thought about fairies being all "goody" and such... for Reficule can be downright evil. She is all about turning good (LP gain), to bad (LP loss), much like the classic Trap card Bad Reaction to Simochi. Have her face-up on the field, and activate Gift Card (ouch!!!), Upstart Goblin, Paths of Destiny, Soul Taker, etc... This scheme, along with some healthy burn cards, can dwindle an opponents LP down fast-like! But, there are several problems with it...

First, there are not that many cards that can give your opponent LP gain.

Next, you must protect either Reficule or a Bad Reaction, for the cards that give your opponent LP gain are useless without those cards face-up on the field. Protection comes mainly in the form of Trap cards. Imagine what a Decree or Jinzo could do to a Reficule deck! Ugly. Des Wombats could rain on your parade too.

Last, even with searchers like Mystic Tomato and Sangan, if you run 3 Reficule and 3 Simochi, that's 6 cards out of at least 40. There is a good risk of having a bunch of cards that give your opponent LP, with no way for you to turn it to burn (loss). This all amounts to the chance of the deck failing miserably, and that is hard to ignore.

A couple good points are the searchers I previously mentioned, and the fact that the super hard to obtain Soul Taker is coming out as a common in the next Zombie structure deck. I'm thinking a truly dialed-in Reficule/Simochi deck could be a contender, along with a very dialed-in side deck. Maybe massive draw power to get what you need quickly, to turn around and OTK...in the same fashion as Exodia. (?!)

I dunno'. There is potential here...I do know that...but it may not be quite there yet (at least with the cards that are available to us now).

Reficule/Simochi Deck - 6-7/10

Art - 6.5/10 (Differently odd name...demented and weird...I like it!)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently played a simochi deck on YVD. It was some OTK version.

Simochi Burn is really potent. I like reficule's art too.

One point though, 3 Simochi's and 3 Reficule. Thats 6 cards, and your start your move with 6 cards in your hand. 6 x 6 = 36. Most likely you can pull it off. Add Tomato and draw power and you should be fine.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie, stop throwing math crap at me!! LOL!!

I stated that draw power may be the key...
Quote:
I'm thinking a truly dialed-in Reficule/Simochi deck could be a contender, along with a very dialed-in side deck. Maybe massive draw power to get what you need quickly, to turn around and OTK...in the same fashion as Exodia.

Draw power helps for sure. I didn't gear my deck for massive draw power, just some. That may be where I failed.

In my Reficule deck, I ran 3 Allures (w/ an EftDD), 3 Upstart Goblin, a Dekoichi...not enough to get what I needed.

There is still a chance for the deck to fall apart though...and when your in it, something needs to happen quick, or it's all over.

Playing Begley at tourny, opening draw I had 6 "opponent LP gain" cards, with no Reficule, Simochi, or Tomato in sight. He finished me in a couple turns.

Another card like Reficule/Simochi would be ideal too I think. Maybe a 2400 ATK monster with a continuous effect like those of Reficule/Simochi, that you also can maybe attack with. Your out to protect your Reficule anyway, maybe w/ Threat. Roars, Bottomless, etc...so decent chance of getting a tribute summon off. 9 chances to hit one of those "gain to burn" cards would be steller. I'd rather have monster forms actually. Simochi takes up protection space in my book. Your loaded with opponent gain cards...not much room for 3 Simochi.
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant you just make the deck a Reversal Gain/Burn deck altogther?

Or would it have too many cards and/or too many flaws?

Curious.

Yugioh - Worse than AIDS. :\
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bounce burn , best burn ever.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain Strike Burn is looking really smexy right now.
TomZ1272
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant say sexy?

Look at one of Harv's posts. and Sogen's Rec banner. :D

Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becuz deep down, everyone longs for an adult Darkmagician Girl XD
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like this card would run into a big headache with Prime Material Dragon. Give them life, then take it away, then give it to them again. Kind of negates the whole effect.

TomZ1272
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Sogen. Only you, and just you, look for a Dark Magician Girl in real life. Other people, normal people, actually go for real women :D

HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no infinite loop with those two cards Chris. There is nothing official on it as of yet (at least I don't think so), but a Judge won't let it happen...

NO LOOPEY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: