The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(10/17/08) #10 - GEARTOWN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: (10/17/08) #10 - GEARTOWN Reply with quote

GEARTOWN

FIELD SPELL

TEXT: "Both players can Tribute Summon "Ancient Gear" monsters with 1 less Tribute than required. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Ancient Gear" monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

HARV'S REVIEW

This is, without a doubt, one of the best Field Spell cards to hit Yugioh. In it's deck type, it has no drawbacks (with the exception that sometimes Field Spell cards piled up in your hand can stink bad).

So both players can use it's effect, but like, what is the chance of that happening. O.K., so Ancient Gear monsters are 1 less tribute then usual. Granted, there are not that many Ancient Gear Tribute monsters (let alone ones with really great effects), but there are a couple that are rather noble. Namely, they are Ancient Gear Golem and Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon. Them hitting the field as a 1 tribute monster is very awesome. 3000 ATK beaters, one with trample.

When Geartown is destroyed, you can Special Summon an Ancient Gear monster from anywhere except your RFP pile. Can't grab the likes of Ancient Gear Golem, for he can not be Special Summoned. But, there is again the aforementioned Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon, Ancient Gear Engineer, etc.. Not that many thrilling ones to be honest, but that Special Summoned Ancient Gear monster can be used for a Tribute Summon, etc...and keep in mind the dandiest thing about most Ancient Gear Monsters...when they attack, your opponent can not activate anything until the End of the Damage Step...and uh, nothing can be activated at the end of the Damage Step.

About an opponent destroying your Geartown...hopefully (or maybe hopefully not), they will think twice about using a MST, Solemn Judgment, or Dark Bribe on your Geartown. It's a win-win situation for you. For an opponent, you having a Geartown on the field bites...and also for them, getting rid of it bites. And that...is excellent.

Ancient gear decks need a lil' more help I think (mainly in the monster department), but Geartown is definitely a step in the right direction. This card could make an Ancient Gear deck formidable now.

Ancient Gear Deck - 10/10

Art - 6/10 (a bunch of gears...not that thrilling...but it is fitting)

Last edited by HARV35TER on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this card. Your article sorta makes me want to make a deck on it. This card is a great combo with Magical Hats too, which is also good with Dekoichi.

Also the best field Spell Cards in the game are Necrovalley, and Geartown in my opinion.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to make one too. A mirror match between us would be interesting. LOL.

Hey Charlie, you remenber the name of the Spell Card that you set, and when it's destroyed, you can search a Field Spell and activate it? The name escapes me...

Also, Necrovalley is a great card, without a doubt, but it lacks the innate balance of Geartown.

Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhm, it would be very interesting.

Mike also uses a Geartown deck.

Also, Geartown is almost never a dead card when you have one on the field. If you play another Geartown the first Geartown will miss the timing and you will not get an Ancient Gear. However if you just set the other Geartown in the field card zone so it doesn't start a chain your first Geartown will activate as normal, and you can flip the second Geartown up too.
Sogen
Nurgling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor Mike, everybody is neglecting his deck.
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie World = Good field spell too.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sogen - I didn't forget Mike...he almost beat me with his Ancient gear deck. I think he drew jank the 3rd game, otherwise he may have dusted me. Those big Gear monsters hit HARD. LOL.

Lizard
- It's not out yet, so I didn't bother mentioning it...but yes, Zombie World will be killer!!
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Zombie World 4 days early. Most people got them like 9 days early. For some reason they shipped early, they aren't tourney legal until the 21st though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: