The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(11/26/08) #21 - GANDORA THE DRAGON OF DESTRUCTION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: (11/26/08) #21 - GANDORA THE DRAGON OF DESTRUCTION Reply with quote

GANDORA THE DRAGON OF DESTRUCTION

EFFECT MONSTER (Dragon / DARK / Level 8 / 0 ATK / 0 DEF)

TEXT: "This card cannot be Special Summoned. You can pay half of your Life Points to remove from play all cards on the field except this card. For every card that is removed by this effect, this card gains 300 ATK. This card is sent to the Graveyard at the End Phase of the turn it was Summoned."

HARV'S REVIEW

Man, what happened to Jump magazine giving us cards like Stratos and Green Baboon??!! I see this as being yet another Jump card that is about useless, and will do nothing more than take up space in trade binders.

Grandora being a 2 tribute monster is a bit rough, especially when you consider his pathetic effect. You'll never know how many cards your opponent will have on their side of the field at any given moment, but in most cases, it probably won't be very many. So, who in their right mind is going to go through the trouble of running a two tribute monster, in which you have to pay half your LP to use his "clearing" effect...when the monarchs, Celestia, Lyla, DAD, etc...will often do the same job of clearing cards off the field, and they are much easier to get on the field?! Don't even bother thinking along the lines of using your Grandora to wipe your opponents field clean, and wipe your field of D.D. Survivor, D.D. Scout Plane, etc...Trust.

Grandoras RFP effect is not so great. I prefer to send an opponents cards to RFP, but the Graveyard is just as well. I really don't care where a threat goes after I get it off the field, and some bigger threats today like DAD and Judgment Dragon can't be Special Summoned anyway. Yeah, there is Monster Reincarnation for those, but again, what you have to go through to pull-off Grandoras effect...blah.

Grandora gains 300 ATK for each card sent to RFP. Realistically, how many cards will that really be on a good day??!! Even 8 cards (good luck with that) would give Grandora the same attack amount as a monarch. He leaves the field at the End Phase. He's a Nomi monster. All this card really has going for it is it's ability to clear the field, but when you look at it's overall picture, it just isn't worth the effort...at all.

In summery, there are waaay easier monsters to tribute summon, there are waaay easier monsters that can clear an opponents field, there are waaay easier RFP methods, and if your willing to pay half your LP for something, do it for a card that is so nasty that most people run 3 of it.

For somebody who mistakenly wants to toy with this monster, it does get some minimal help from some cards like Double Caston, Recurring Nightmare, Sangan, Dark Eruption, Trade-In, Precious Cards from Beyond, and maybe 1 or 2 more.

Any Deck - 2/10

Art - 7/10 (Truly the best thing about the card)

CHARLIE'S REVIEW

Todays card is the new Shonen Jump promo, Gandora the Dragon of Destruction. It is Dark which gives it plenty of support. It is a Dragon which gives it limited support. It is an 8 star which justifies Trade In abuse. It requires 2 tributes which makes it very slow. Its Attack and Defense are pitiful at 0, and to top everything off it cannot be special summoned.

The most important reason for even considering playing this card is his effect. You can pay half your life to blow up the world, remove all the cards from play, and it gives it a 300 attack boost for every card. Sounds very good, however it sends itself to the Graveyard during the turn it was summoned. That single handedly kills the card. This card also sets up the opponent to summon Gorz which is downright bad. There is also a lot of chainable cards seeing play.

If you have some ways to swarm after you blow up the field, and if you run Mausoleum of The Emperor I would suggest trying this card out. If not, I wouldn't run it and I would just save it as trade bait for ones who are interested.

Decks that are ideal with it in - 6/10.

Any other decks - 1/10

Art rating 8.5/10 - Looks pretty sweet to me

Last edited by HARV35TER on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
vinny1986
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: (11/26/08) #21 - GANDORA THE DRAGON OF DESTRUCTION Reply with quote

Quote:
Todays card is the new Shonen Jump promo, Gandora the Dragon of Destruction. It is Dark which gives it plenty of support. It is a Dragon which gives it limited support. It is an 8 star which justifies Trade In abuse. It requires 2 tributes which makes it very slow. Its Attack and Defense are pitiful at 0, and to top everything off it cannot be special summoned.

The most important reason for even considering playing this card is his effect. You can pay half your life to blow up the world, remove all the cards from play, and it gives it a 300 attack boost for every card. Sounds very good, however it sends itself to the Graveyard during the turn it was summoned. That single handedly kills the card. This card also sets up the opponent to summon Gorz which is downright bad. There is also alot of chainable cards seeing play, and stuff like Goblin Zombie which you do not want to destroy since they replace themselves after they die.

If you have some ways to swarm after you blow up the field, and if you run Mausoleum of The Emperor I would suggest trying this card out. If not, I wouldn't run it and I would just save it as trade bait for ones who are interested.

Gandora destroys and REMOVES FROM PLAY all cards on the field except himself.... Goblin Gombie, Sangan, etc would NOT get there effects.

We are Team Fish
Manahawkin, Wall, Forked River and Tuckerton NJ
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, you are correct. Sorry for adding that in my review. I was in a rush.

Harv, can you please edit that out.
HARV35TER
Nurgling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Card Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: