The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Heroes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What kind of campaign should this be?
Sand Box (given the environment, you do stuff)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tower of Druaga (big bad evil guy at the top, but can you defeat him and the other parties trying to get him?)
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Welcome to War (war campaign)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Other (post up an idea)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Iron Heroes Reply with quote

I may be running this game next semester at YCP and am creating this for brainstorming and possible discussion about the game. It may still be based on D&D but the classes and structure are completely different so it goes here in my mind.

Big changes:
-Hit Points
-Skill Points
-Feats
-Be a Creative PC or be Dead PC

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.

Last edited by Razjah on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
DEREKDEREKDEREK
noob!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Game World Reply with quote

Well, I started reading the Iron Heroes stuff today. My biggest questions and ideas are regarding the setting. Is the world you're planning going to be influenced by the author's ideas? The first chapter is really leaning heavily on a sort of burnt-tough Pre-civilization (as opposed to post-apocalyptic) world, and I was wondering whether you were planning on making it that brutal.

If you were to go through with the idyllic surface/crazy underworld deal, Erik, I think the underworld should definitely follow that line, making it as intense as possible really. As if everybody trapped below had inbred and fought to survive for centuries.

I also think that the underground could really get played up as uncharted territory, as the surface dwellers encounter stuff they've never seen before. Its all been untouched for a long period of time, and so it would be interesting to run into stuff unknown on the surface, possibly hinting at forgotten history, like finding steam engines or a case of Winchester rifles, as an example.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I was actually going to try to rework the world a little. Or I was going to get the group together to make the world. I found a game for creating fantasy worlds. With the game, the "party-to-be" will get to help make the world that they will be a part of. It also saves time on explaining the world since everyone will have had a part in creating it.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would we prefer a post apocalyptic world or a pre-civilization world for this campaign?

I would like the campaign to be in a post apocalypse, but if you guys want a pre-civilization world then we can make the campaign world that. I just like the idea of the few remaining nations trying to rebuild themselves and the wild barbarian tribes waging a war upon civilization for the resources they have.

Ideas- go!

DEREKDEREKDEREK
noob!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, it's the same thing in practice. Building or RE-building. I like the pre-civilization because post-apocalypse feels a little Mad Max to me. I'd be more critical of any kind of stereotypes associated with the genre.
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we use a pre-civilization and I use all the post apocalypse stereotypes it's okay then? But if I use post apocalypse and use those stereotypes it's bad.

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, the group is assembled. Now it is time to call out who wants to be what. Also do you guys want me to function as a pure GM or would we work together as a GM and I play a character?

If we take the second option, I want to play an Archer.

DEREKDEREKDEREK
noob!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in response to the stereotypes in the game world- I personally have no idea to what pre-civilization stereotypes would be, besides cavemen. post-apocaplyse has just become an intense mainstay. You've got Mad Max, the Fallout games, Escape From New York, Terminator, THE STAND, I am Legend, so on and so forth. It's not that I'm overlooking the pre-civ stereotypes, I just don't think they are as apparent.

Anywho, I'm cool with the group world building and the quasi GM/PC thing you'd be doing. an archer would be helpful.
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the world will be a pre-civilization world. This is not a barbaric world, but a world before the great empires rose out, before the heroes of legend were born, and before the world of magic took over.

Here magic is dangerous and scary, as is the world itself. People do not travel, and the few cities are at war with the marauding tribes around them. The people live out meek lives, but can hope for nothing more. You, can do more. You are an Iron Hero, someone of amazing skill and prowess. You are the movers and shakers before the empires begin to control the world.

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Class Reply with quote

I have decided to definitely play a thief in Iron Heroes. What I am not sure of is how the races work in regard to the classes. I know in DnD the classes have special bonuses or penalities, but does it work the same in Iron Heroes? After looking through the book, I can't find any special section for it. Any tips would be appriciated.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats section of background, mental and physical give the ability to simulate racial benefits. You can be a more dexterous person by sacrificing your durability(con).

Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people would be kind enough to post what they plan or play (or at least a narrowed down list) I could use that to help plan some stuff.

Thanks guys.

How do we feel about a Tower of Druaga type campaign? Clear cut big bad evil dungeon-> go forth and destroy it by climbing to the top and slaying everything!

lil' Beckers
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a combination of tower of druaga style and sand box style. Maybe we could chose which bad guy to take down, how to do it, etc? No government or commanding dude telling us how and when to go like in a war campaign. Just an idea
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea and was thinking it would be a great compromise if the Druaga and sandbox were popular. Still waiting on Gollum and Derek before I can begin to plan out the world.

Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needer is being too lazy to vote, but he did tell me and Becky what he wanted- Tower of Druaga. Currently that is leading, with Becky's vote being a mixture involving it. Derek and Gollum any time you guys want to vote it would be appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Other RPG All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: