The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The help Charlie topic/with my Necrovalley Monarch deck etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

book of moon, blocks attacks shut down attempts at synchro summons and is a general nuisance to opposing players. enemy controller is a one tric pony when it comes to its defense effect and the monster control is a -1 that really isnt worth it at the moment.

leave the books
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Begley, since I have been out of the game for a while, I am rusty on a ruling. Can you help me out here?

I know from the past, Gladiator Beasts were able to fuse while they were face down. Was there some new ruling on that? Or is the synchro mechanic different or something.

Sorry about that, I just need some clarification. =)
Twisted K

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad beasts can still contact fuse while face down. synchro summoning however requires both monsters to be face up.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bro. How much does the sneak cost? Did John move his shop or something, or is the information listed here on the site is still accurate? =o

I might work on a Gadget deck later for fun, but I honestly don't like Gadgets much.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the information is still accurate and the cost is 20 dollars.

also if you dont like gadgets then dont build them. they may be cheap but if they are not for you then dont bother.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will focus on Monarchs or something for now. I have most of the stuff for a competitive Monarch deck already, and I really don't want to trade for more Gadget jank.

How is the turnout at the tournement usually?

Also, hmm... my sister gave me a Tragoedia card today. Does that card see play/considered good? It seems good in the right deck.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can run tragoedia if you don't have a gorz or if you know you will have a consistantly large hand you can ditch cards from when you want to.

also the turn out for the bast few weeks has been about 10 people. since sunday is the oreviewi am sure there will be more.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chaos decks with 2 Sorcerer are quite playable. Did you and Team Boats & Hoes try that idea yet? It seems really budget. I also made a fix on my Monarch deck.

-1 Lightning Vortex (I have enough ways to deal with monsters.)
-1 Light Imprisoning Mirror (Until I get Allures to draw into it with more speed and consistency.)

+ 2 Magic Drain (Great negation card, and great for protecting Necrovalley and Royal Oppression to lock down your opponent. It helps stop big plays, provides solid hand control to compliment Thestalos, and is usually is a 1 for 1 or better.)
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh magic drain is no good this format. you ought to pick up some PWWB. it's versitile than magic drain.
also we are team Pro-Tech now and yeah we have plenty of monarch decks and **** with sorcerer. we basically cover atleast 1 copy of every top tier deck per format.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could always use teched Trap Holes for now to mess with Blackwings, Sworns, and Glads I guess... its a bad idea. Why is Magic Drain bad this format?

I will just come this weekend, get some trades in, power up my deck, and hopefully have some friendly competition. I say thanks again, for helping me get back into the game. =D
Twisted K

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic drain is bad because most decks will have the discscard or wont be crippled by a magic drain. BTH wouldnt be a bad rech to use.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already main deck a pair of Bottomless Trap Hole, but I was thinking of a trap lineup with 2 Trap Hole, and 2 Bottomless Trap Hole. Trap Hole hits everything Bottomless Trap Hole cannot... too bad it doesn't stop special summons though, which makes it a lesser option.

Phoenix Wing Wind Blast is really good, and has nice synergy with the way the deck plays... but I don't have them yet. I could always use Raigeki Break, but it doesn't have spin, which means I cannot lock their draw phase.

I was thinking Magic Drain would be good, since stopping something like Charge of Light Brigade, or Heavy Storm could be very helpful. However, I did not play a single game in this format yet, so it was only speculation.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not main regular trap hole. pwwb shouldn't be too hard for you to get when you come back.
additionally magic drain would not be as effective as you think, 1 because against heavy storm it will free up a spot in your back row making the option to discard less apealing and 2 because most players will likley have a backup magic to discard. also when going up against charge, it wont stop the cost which is usually a big thing for ls players and they will probably have a back up magic to discard as well.
LizardMan
Crazy Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways Begley, Do you have your DS back? O:

Also, I am officially really happy. They are giving support to older, weaker, and less efficient archtypes. =D

ABPF-JP027 Gravekeeper's High Priest
DARK/Spellcaster - Effect/8/2000/1800
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Releasing 1 "Gravekeeper's" monster. This card gains ATK equal to the number of "Gravekeeper's" monsters in your Graveyard x 200. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can discard 1 "Gravekeeper's" monster instead.

Interesting. It can get really big, and it isn't that hard. The protection effect is really nice, it's basically a 200 ATK bonus every time the opponent tries to destroy it.
Twisted K

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

high priest is noce for your deck. toss in a few other lv 8's and you can run trade in for some sweet draw power ( i suggest dark creator who is very easy to come by now).

and no i do not have my DS back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Deck List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: