The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YCP Friday Night Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: YCP Friday Night Multiplayer Reply with quote

This thread will be used to plan each week's games and possibly to keep track of which decks do well.

This Friday has the Post Secret event; it ends at 8:30 so I should be good to go this week. I would like to put in a vote for some games with limited range of influence. Emperor works for this, Star is another fun one, Octant is a other fun one. I think that we can drop EDH for a week for some regular FFA games. The hunt works well as long as everyone uses a deck that stays within the spirit of the game.

I would really like to play some team formats but I can only think of Emperor and Two Headed Giant. If anyone comes up with more, post it up.

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.
vrking90
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd like to try Octant. If not this week, then sometime. Hunt also works for me.

It's Andrew, btw
Razjah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Grand Melee would be fun to try.

Melee works like this: attack left, defend right. You have a Range of Influence (RoI) of 1, your spells only affect you and the people next to you. Multiple players take their turns at the same time, the turn markers move and remain far enough apart that no one person is ever in more than 1 RoI.

When someone is killed the "circle" of players collapses and the game continues. The RoI shifts so that the new people are within your RoI. Turn markers are removed as the number of remaining players drops.

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, MUST BE EDH ALWAYS.

Actually, I'm up for pretty much anything, although I prefer edh. Grand Melee sounds interesting, same with hunt, I always thought that was fun. I don't really have many decks to play though, so regardless of what we'll be doing, I'll most likely be using vampires until I have the time/cards/creativity to create more (decent and competitive) decks.
Gollum
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with Grand Melee being the game type. If anything it will slow down all the global effects. Understandable in multi, but sometimes you just can't deal with 8 really annoying effects at once. This will force some creative moves in play.
Razjah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantom3113 wrote:
NO, MUST BE EDH ALWAYS.

Actually, I'm up for pretty much anything, although I prefer edh. Grand Melee sounds interesting, same with hunt, I always thought that was fun. I don't really have many decks to play though, so regardless of what we'll be doing, I'll most likely be using vampires until I have the time/cards/creativity to create more (decent and competitive) decks.

We can't always do EDH, but probably in a week or two we'll have another EDH night.

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razjah wrote:
phantom3113 wrote:
NO, MUST BE EDH ALWAYS.

We can't always do EDH, but probably in a week or two we'll have another EDH night.

*points at quote* That's perfectly fine sir :P
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Melee went over well. I think that can be one of the formats to remember when we have a large group.

What kind of games are we looking for this week? I could go for EDH but I would rather wait another week for that. I think that some regular FFA would be a blast (we haven't done a normal FFA without the chaos stack in a while). Also up for Emperor, Star, Hunt, and Octant. I'll check out some more formats this week and have them posted up soonish [probably in a day].

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ol' free for all sounds good, and we might even have time for another afterwards if all goes well. I'm good with star and hunt also.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Chaos did well and crazy chaos was insane, as was expected. This coming Friday, what should we play?

The Favories
FFA
EDH
Chaos Stack

The Thought About
Emperor
Octant
Star
Grand Melee

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top choice would obviously be EDH, only because it's been 2 weeks since our last EDH. Chaos could be fun again, but preferably only with 60 card, since chaos + EDH = stupidity. Also, I wanna do hunt again, only because it gives me a chance to be a rogue.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was writing a big thing for why we shouldn't play EDH this week, but to hell with that. We'll EDH it up Friday!

I'll have my Oros, Vorosh, Isperia and Savra decks. If Becky doesn't come, Spoken in Russian Accent Borborygmos will be available also. I think we should keep the games to 6 people or less. The games take for-ev-er with more than that.

Also we need to come up with some house rules to The Hunt. Cards like Bloodchief Ascension cause issues. I think any effect that causes life loss, damage, or any other negative effect to a play can be considered a hostile act. Also Siphon Soul/Mind, Blood Tithe, Exsangui-broken, dying Kokusho, WoG, and generally global effects allow the table to pound on the one who caused a disturbance in the force.

If you need an EDH deck, post up. If you have some spare post that also.

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issue I can see with the Hunt rules and global effects is that should such an occasion arise, "Hunt" would very very quickly become FFA.
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that reason people need to choose what deck they want to use in The Hunt. If someone wants to exploit a target restictive format then everyone gets to fight back.

Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys, what game are we playing this Friday the 22nd?

I honestly don't know what I want to play. I am leaning slightly towards 60 card because more people have their own 60 card decks. This lets Andrew, Sam, and some more new people join. It also lets Katie join in and be less overwhelmed. 60 card also lets people like Brody join in, and some others who don't have EDH decks. The more open the format, the more people we can add to our group.

We can also run formats like Grand Melee and Star that help the newer players not have to worry about everything that is happening on the board. Also, Free For All is pretty rules light for anyone starting out in multiplayer.

So while writing this I think I decided that my vote is that we should play 60 cards this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: