The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YCP Friday Night Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of this 60 card idea. I vote for Star at least for one game, since it can go quick sometimes.
Razjah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star goes quick in just about every game. At least compared to 5 man FFA.

Glad to see that you are not going crazy for EDH this week. "Ladies and Gentlemen, he can be cured!"

In case you don't know, I'm Erik- the one with the giant bag of decks.

Last edited by Razjah on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I do enjoy other formats you know. EDH just happens to be my favorite :D Also, I believe it's spelled "ladies" ;)
Razjah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was late when I wrote that, I fixed it.

Silverwolf14
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oki Erik I posted on here sorry I missed last friday. I went to midnight madness instead. Waste of time -.-
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what is our game for the next week going to be?

I think that doing 60 card magic next week is a good move. We'll start playing EDH again on Friday a couple times in November. I think that the 60 card games are best overall for the group.

Free for All and Chaos are popular. With our growing numbers formats like the Hunt and Grand Melee are becoming more viable. We already split into smaller groups now. I'm going to try to find a good format for large groups. But Grand Melee and the Hunt may be our best options.

We can play EDH on the 19th and the 12th perhaps. Definitely on the 19th we will play EDH- there will be EDH on my birthday. I reserve the right to change the format until that time.

EDIT: After a quick search it seems that long slow games or breaking into teams or smaller games is the best way to handle such a large number of player. If we play a massive multiplayer game with 10 or more people it will take forever. Breaking into groups of 5-8 seems best. If we get 15, we can make 3 games of Star Format. Also according to Athony Alongi or group is bordering on ultra-large multiplayer group size.

Congrats to us!
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the summary: Friday was awesome. We had a new player join; we split into two games, one Chaos, one Free-For-All. FFA was Me, Andrew, Sam, Burns and Cayla. Chaos was Gollum, Ben, Hudson, Billy, Brody, I think the other guy was Sam also.

FFA got done fast so we started up another game with Hudson moving because he got knocked out of the Chaos game fast. We also had Becky and John show up so we had and 8 man game of the Hunt, John slaughtered everyone with his reanimator deck. It was frustrating, but he did a good job wiping us out. Also Cayla won her first ever multiplayer game beating 4 other people. In our defense we left her alone for a lot longer than we should have, but she still wins and still gets the credit.

5 man FFA: Cayle
6 man Chaos: Gollum
8 man Hunt: John

Now, what are we doing this week? I think EDH is still a little harsh for Brody, Sam, and Cayla, also Andrew and Sam don't really have decks for it. It is easier for me to lend out some of the ~30 60 card decks than for me to build and lend out another EDH deck. I only have 5 of them and one is for Becky.

Last edited by Razjah on Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I think it should be noted how exactly the chaos game ended. While I (ben) was struggling to get the Urzatron deck to be nice to me, Gollum managed to gain about 60 life in one shot with usual mono-black shenanigans. Once it got down to Sam, Gollum, and I, me with 6 Bogardan Hellkites on the field, Gollum steamrolled Sam with a swamp, and then won since I wasn't getting anything :-/

For this week, we could consider more than one format. If we have enough people that we split into multiple groups again, we could see how many people want to play edh, and how many want to do 60. If the numbers are right, we could possibly do both.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really good idea, I feel kind of stupid for not thinkning of that. I know you and Eric are going to want EDH, maybe Burns and John, probably Hudson too. We could do that.

Gollum
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the break off for a separate EDH coming, we may as well since we have a lot of new people who don't have EDH decks.

I would like to see a few more Emperor games. That gives some of the more single-player focused decks a little bit more breathing room, and creates more possibilities for team work without having to worry about a back stab. That way, maybe some of the newer players can learn how to gauge threats and such with team members backing them up.

I think my life total was something like 80 by the end of the game, after being hit several times. But wasn't everyone happy when that Arbiter flipped (expect for Hudson)
phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, with the multi-format option, with there being at least 2 groups of games, there would more than likely be time for multiple rounds. This way, if someone only wanted to EDH once, then they could hop into a 60 game when they die/end the EDH game.
Razjah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday night contained many games. We split into an EDH table and a regular 60 card table.

We started with 10 people, and two games of 5. Then we had a 6 man FFA because Sam got knocked out of EDH fast. That game ended in less than half an hour. By then it was 11 and were going to start a chaos game so we moved to Pura Vida for the choas game we we would have time to finish. After that the EDH game had ended and people moved over the Pura Vida to keep playing. Andrew, Sam and Nick left so John Hudson and Eric and Ben joined. I think Gollum left here too. There were two more 6 man FFA games where John and Cayla won.

(Spart's) 5 man EDH- Hudson (Jenara)
(Spart's) 5 man FFA- Erik T (Greater Good)
(Spart's) 6 man FFA- Gollum (White Metalcraft
(Pura Vida) 6 man Chaos- Sam (Mono Red)
(Pura Vida) 6 man FFA- John (Bloodchief.dec)
(Pura Vida) 6 man FFA- Cayla (Elves)

Okay these are the games that I remeber happening. An excellent job to our night's winners. The games were typically not an easy win, except John droppiong back to back Bloodchief Ascensions and getting them active waaayy too fast.

We had a great night, plenty of games and we got done before 2.

Make sure that you tell anyone who may play Magic about this. We need to get out numbers to 15. We will have three games of five to six people.

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering you said we play EDH for this Friday (as I type this while sitting next to you) I think we should play EDH this Friday :D
Razjah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I think that we have had enough weeks of only 60 card magic. Tomorrow night we bust out the legends. We let the great generals lead their armies to conquer.

The skies will be filled with great and mighty dragons, powerful angels, grand sphinxes and other flying creatures. The ground will be trampled by the armies of men, elves, beats, horrors, wizards, constructs and more. Then as the great armies clash a burning sun will descend and those mighty creatures will be torn asunder by one very angry god. Then the generals return to the field and the fight continues seizing those whose reinforcements do not arrive in time.

The weak shall perish, the strong shall fight, and one legendary general will remain as lord of battle while the others limp home to lick their wounds and prepare new armies for the next conflict.

Decks that I will bring:
Oros- w/b/r (Claimed)
Isperia- w/u
Vorosh- g/u/b
Phelddagirf- w/u/g
Savra- b/g
Borborgymos- r/g (Claimed by Becky, if she comes)

Also, probably going to bring a couple 60 card decks, just in case.

Post up if you are coming and your general. This way we don't stack generals when we don't have to.

phantom3113
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the zombies. Giant flying zombie assassins with super haste and swampwalk... :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Tournament Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: