The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Spiderman 4?...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Sights & Sounds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teclis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: No Spiderman 4?... Reply with quote

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tobey Maguire, star of "Spider-Man 3," isn't sure he'd play the superhero a fourth time.

"I appreciate movies from a standpoint of entertainment and distraction, and I also love when people make movies that help raise awareness," says the 31-year-old actor, whose films also include "The Cider House Rules" and "Seabiscuit."

"I don't really have a lot of formed ideas. It's more just thoughts," he tells Men's Journal in its May issue, on newsstands Tuesday. "I might do another 'Spider-Man' movie -- I don't know."

Maguire says "Spider-Man 3" has a "fresh story" for his character.

"The public is adoring him, and it goes to his head. He's behaving arrogantly and is self-involved, which changes the feeling of the character for me. And it just gets darker from there," he says.

Maguire says he talks to the media to publicize his movies -- "I don't feel compelled to share anything."

"I used to prepare to go to battle with journalists," he tells the magazine. "Now I don't have my feet planted. I won't talk about what I won't talk about, but I'm more relaxed about it."

Maguire says he began attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 19 because his life had become oddly predictable.

"I have an addictive nature," he says, "an obsessive-compulsive nature -- well, I don't know that's what it is clinically. But I go to addictive extremes, and before I got sober, that became routine."

Maguire is engaged to Jennifer Meyer, a 29-year-old jewelry designer. They have a 5-month-old daughter, Ruby Sweetheart.

"When she smiles, it's the most fantastic thing ever," he says. "But it's not like I didn't expect that. I expected to fall completely in love with my child."

Columbia Pictures' "Spider-Man 3" opens May 4
Urahara
noob!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope there is a 4th spiderman movie, i love the spiderman movies becuase they remind me of when i was 4 ears old and used to watch the spiderman series on tv :D
noob!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They BETTER make a spiderman 4!

I did not no sit through 3 sucky movies, in the hopes of seeing venom on the big screen to be denied!
Eagle Fan40
noob!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked the first spiderman movie the best
David Anderson
noob!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: I hope not Reply with quote

If Spiderman 4 would be more of Peter Parker staring at the screen and crying, I'll skip. I absolutely hated the 3rd movie. They're superheros for crying out loud. I want to see cool fight scenes, not everyone crying over 'inner demons'.

Hopefully "Dark Knight Returns" will restore my faith in the superhero movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Sights & Sounds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: