The Gaming Geek! Forum Index The Gaming Geek!
Where Heroes Play!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsGallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legal issues in Board game use in commercial activities rss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donnieclark
Magus of the Forums

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Legal issues in Board game use in commercial activities rss Reply with quote

Hi,

I have heard some friends from China mentioning about board game themed bar where the operator provides board games for guests to play. It is similar to a onsite lease. But it is different from a gaming society because it is a for profit operation and guests are charged either on the basis of time or for order of refreshments at premium price. Sadly it is not popular.
However I am wondering if this business model is legal. From common sense consumer products are not to be used in commercial activities or for income producing purpose. While even use of photo shoot by other people in presentation without reference may cause legal problem, I highly doubt publishers would allow their games to be used as a way to attract customers. Nonetheless, i think it could be perfectly fine for people to gather together and buy a copy of the game on site and play. In many game shops there are table areas for players play their own TCG or battle miniatures as well. So this can be an interesting question. Any thoughts?
Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1765627/topic-legal-issues-board-game-use-commercial-activ

whiteboard explainer video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Geek! Forum Index -> Board Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: